RIP Sylvester Nemes!

Biggie

Reaction score
The Legendary Sylvester Nemes passed away on Thursday Feb 3rd with his wife Hazel by his side. I was fortunate to have shared many conversations with Syl over the years and his soft hackle techniques have made for better days of fishing when all else failed. He was a gracious man who always held his back to the flow of the river and his grace upon this sport will be cherished for years to come. I hope that he is sitting in the middle of an eternal "Mother's Day Caddis Hatch" catching fish on every swing!

Link to his Obit!Sylvester Nemes Obituary: View Sylvester Nemes's Obituary by Bozeman Daily Chronicle

Joni

Reaction score
He will live on as the Softhackle wizard for sure. Maybe he and Jack Gartside are up there tying away.

fyshstykr

Reaction score
:(
I was fortunate to spend some time chatting with him one night before the Ranch opener on The Henry's Fork. Truly an evening I'll not soon forget.
I have never met a nicer person.

God bless.

kglissmeyer1

Reaction score
Syl tied one of his famous Mother's Day caddis patterns for me a few years ago at the East Idaho Fly Tying Expo. We had a great time together and the fly is a cherished memento. He will be missed. :icon_cry:
Kelly.