Mmmm, Trout Bugers !

Rip Tide

Reaction score

Clear Springs, the world's largest producer of sustainable Rainbow Trout, has introduced an on-trend opportunity – Rainbow Trout Burgers.

Made with 100 percent real Idaho Rainbow Trout, these burgers are packed with protein, gluten free and rich in Omega 3s for a heart-healthy alternative.

Rainbow Trout Burgers are perfectly seasoned with just the right amount of flavour, these burgers pair well with a variety of toppings, sauces and sides.
Clear Springs Trout Burgers

Clear Springs Foods offers a wide variety of Fresh and Frozen Rainbow Trout Styles for the Foodservice and Retail Markets — from the traditional dressed style to the only Guaranteed Boneless Rainbow Trout: Clear Cuts, Butterfly and Natural Fillets.

Clear Springs also offers a unique line of Specialty Products including Glazed & Crusted Fillets, Breaded Portions and Bakeable Products.

Moreover, Clear Springs products have gained recognition on the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch List: Rainbow Trout is in the “Super Green” category for sustainable and environmentally friendly products, while Mahi Mahi is listed as a “Good Choice”.

All Clear Springs products are distributed throughout the United States and Canada.

Premium rainbow trout from the world's most pristine waters

About Clear Springs Foods

Clear Springs Foods makes its home on the scenic Snake River Canyon of southern Idaho's Magic Valley where its Rainbow Trout are farm-raised in concrete raceways fed by an abundance of crystal clear spring water.

Ideal growing conditions, combined with a commitment to quality and innovation, have made Clear Springs the world's largest producer of Rainbow Trout, processing over 20 million pounds a year.

In addition, Clear Springs has partnered with farms in Chile in which trout is raised following the exact same high standards as its farms in Idaho.

wt bash

Reaction score
I gotta laugh cause when I was around 10 or 12 I used to make opening day at Navasink Pond like it was religion. Every year till I was 17 or so there was a guy there named Rodney, he had tourettes and everytime his bobber went down he would shout "trout burger" and make some weird sound. I saw the title and immediately thought oh him.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Interesting concept, I'll have to look for them in the grocery store, to see what else they are putting in the trout burgers. On first glimpse it looks like a healthy way to eat a burger.

Larry

noreaster

Reaction score
I gotta laugh cause when I was around 10 or 12 I used to make opening day at Navasink Pond like it was religion. Every year till I was 17 or so there was a guy there named Rodney, he had tourettes and everytime his bobber went down he would shout "trout burger" and make some weird sound. I saw the title and immediately thought oh him.
Thanks for the chuckle. Sounds funny. Reminds me of the bartender in Boondock saints. I would post the link but not very family friendly. Sooo funny though.:D

plecain

Reaction score
Never done a trout burger. I'll have to try that.

I've done salmon burgers. Those were pretty good.

sweetandsalt

Reaction score
I sometimes fish that part of Idaho and it is true, springs burst forth everywhere filtered through the volcanic porosity of southern Idaho. The Feds have a big hatchery there too. I'll grill my burgers form replenishable cows, however.

jeep.ster

jeepster
Reaction score
This thread brings back memories. I designed and built packaging machinery for them back in the 70/80's. They were called clear springs trout farm then. I traveled there several times for custom installation of new tooling. They were great people and an awesome processing plant in its simplicity. The spring creek runs through the center of the processing plant before continuing to the raceways along the snake river. Its the only water source the trout are processed in.

As with all mom and pop places I went to there was always at least one home built machine of some sorts. Someone at clear creeks built a gutting machine shaped like a vertical oval racetrack. Roller-chain driven scoops would continually dip into a basin of creek water and each trout would be perfectly positioned step by step as they come out of the water and begin the cutting and rinsing. It was so simple. Then they continue on their way to the girls for packing. I always got a box of trout to take back on the plane ride home. It was a happy, beautiful place to work in.

cocoaandme

Reaction score
Has anyone tried these burgers? I always like finding new ways to prepare trout. They look pretty good and I suspect they are healthy. :D