Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  2

Old 10-12-2017, 06:05 AM

alansb1982 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: How to Buy Fishing Sunglasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddb View Post
Bass Pro once had a pair that fit over the regular glasses. They were a little heavy but the caramel colored lenses let me see deep into pools and id fish against bottom. Lost them! And no more can be found.
Don't know if you tried them yet, but they've got these Coccoon sunglasses in pretty much every size and color you can imagine.
Twitter
Facebook
Old 10-12-2017, 10:53 AM
Administrator

Ard has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Ard Send a message via Skype™ to Ard
Default Re: How to Buy Fishing Sunglasses

This post jogged my memory a little.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddb View Post
Bass Pro once had a pair that fit over the regular glasses. They were a little heavy but the caramel colored lenses let me see deep into pools and id fish against bottom. Lost them! And no more can be found.
Some of those old cheap fly shop / gas station fit overs were great. In the early 90's I bought a pair in NY for 10.99 I think they were. These were the kind that had a display with a picture of a stream bottom on the display........... When you looked at the display picture with the glasses on suddenly fish and other details appeared, without the glasses they disappeared. I don't know how many here ever saw those type glasses but I bought a pair. They were incredible and I used them for over 20 years, in time they became scratched and when I tried to find the same thing they had went extinct. I think they were called 'Fish Finders'.

As you age through this business of fishing you at times see products come that actually do what they say they will. In reality when considering the cost of today's really good fish finding glasses the existence of something that did the job for 10 dollars seems like a fairy tale but I had a pair for 20 years and wish I had stocked up on them long ago.

I use an old pair of Oakley's that I replaced lens's in a while back or a pair of Rx polarized if I don't use contact lens's. The Rx glasses are pretty fair and cut glare well.

Just sayen

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors