Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
  1. Default Deerfield after Irene

So, with all the destruction i have a business trip scheduled for the week of Sept 12th. coming from Tucson, I'd love to get on my old river while not troubling road repair efforts and peoples' troubles. what say you?

Default Re: Deerfield after Irene

There's 4 days of rain predicted this week so they're still talking about flooding.
    But you don't know unless you try.
    After what happened last weekend, I'd be surprised if the fish didn't all wash away
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements. --- Horace Kephart

I have a buddy that floated the deerfield since Irene and he had some luck. That being said they are predicting rain for the next three days, and there will be some flooding. but i say hell try it let me know how it went

4. Default Re: Deerfield after Irene

Ok, heading up for the weekend and will post hopefully good results.

5. Default Re: Deerfield after Irene

Well, it was pretty blown out-still high and lots of stuff in the river-trees and so on as well as tons of kayakers so I moved on to brooks I knew with my new Lami 3wgt build and had success there. gotta love brookies!

Good that you could get out while you were in the area.
    We had "inches" of rain again yesterday and more forecast for tomorrow, so it's not getting any better anytime soon.

The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements. --- Horace Kephart

7. Default Re: Deerfield after Irene

thanks, I did have a good time. I grew up in that area and now live in a totally different world(we split our time between San Carlos, Sonora and Tucson) so it's good to come and walk the woods again!

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

I don't think we've had rain other than a dust stirrer since last December seems like, in SC