2nd Salmon River trip

streams2lakes

Reaction score
all fish were released of course and the steelhead wasnt much of a fight, the salmon actually being hooked in the mouth was easy to turn so he was easy to controll unlike a foul hooked one.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
all fish were released of course and the steelhead wasnt much of a fight, the salmon actually being hooked in the mouth was easy to turn so he was easy to controll unlike a foul hooked one.
Very interesting, I've never had the chance to fish for stealhead but have always heard that they are hard fighters. I've hooked into a lot of Silver Salmon and they are definitely hard fighters and love to come up on top and put on a fantastic aerial display and will often throw the hook. Great looking fish, congrats!

Larry

swirlchaser

Reaction score
Very interesting, I've never had the chance to fish for stealhead but have always heard that they are hard fighters. I've hooked into a lot of Silver Salmon and they are definitely hard fighters and love to come up on top and put on a fantastic aerial display and will often throw the hook. Great looking fish, congrats!

Larry
November on the Salmon River is like Black Friday at the mall. Those fish could have already been caught and released a few times. Probably a bit worn out.

joebloe

Reaction score
I watched this guy hook into, walk, and fight both of these fish - hell, I took the pics! - both ends of the line giving all they had to give - - my son netted the king salmon with him and the two of them needed help bringing the netted fish to shore ! - that fish took off like a rocket as soon as Nick touched it to the water to be released - Nobody else around us got to land a nice clean fish of that size.