Crawfords notch campground

joshgamble

Reaction score
Hi all. The missus and I are going camping at Crawfords notch campground in NH in August. Its on the Saco river I believe. Anybody know the area?:worthy:

Rip Tide

Reaction score
Hi all. The missus and I are going camping at Crawfords notch campground in NH in August. Its on the Saco river I believe. Anybody know the area?:worthy:
Yes, :D

do you have a question?
The Saco through the state park will be little more than a trickle in August

Rip Tide

Reaction score
I believe that the campground is actually on the Dry River which is larger than the Saco at that point. You should be able to find some either there or downstream. If not head up to the Androscoggin, either between Shelburne and the Maine state line or further up stream toward Errol.(a drive)
Crawford Notch is a very picturesque place to do some hiking. That's what I'd spend my time on.
Excellent views of the Presidential Range from Mt Willey

bmik

Reaction score
August will be tough all aroun d there. Stop in at North Country Anglers in North Conway for some local advice. There is a lot of water to fish right around N. Conway including the Saco and the Ellis rivers. They will be low but early & late there are fish to be found. The Ammonusac back towards Bretton Woods and along Rte. 302 can also be fished. But you'll need to drive to these locals. Have fun!

dt doug

Reaction score
On your way up stop in at North Country Anglers in North Conway. They will have info to get you started in the area. If you like smaller mountain streams check out Sawyer River. As above the Ellis, and the Peabody can be productive.
So much water, so little time!!!!!!

joshgamble

Reaction score
Turns out river was too low and time to scarse so no fishing. Pretty place though. Saw a bear and water was crystal clear.