Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Seaplane pilot needs fishing help

I'm new to the forum and an inexperienced fly fisher(?). I have played around with a fly rod for a few years now, but haven't had much luck. I'm looking to improve my skills and hopefully my success. I have a seaplane that is based in southern Maine and usually fly up north a couple times a month to camp, fish and hike. I'm also planning a trip to northern Quebec this August for some fishing.

I'm looking for an experienced person to trade services with. I'd provide the flying skills if they would in turn provide me with fishing help. If anyone is interested please pm me.
    Last edited by mcnerney; 05-18-2012 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Removed URL advertising a Lodge

Default Re: Seaplane pilot needs fishing help

Spam??????????
    Neil
    fishn50@aol.com
    Remember to fill in the dash----

3. Default Re: Seaplane pilot needs fishing help

No spam, I'm legit. I have no affiliation with the link I posted, that's just who I'll be staying with in Canada. I can see why you would think that though, with my low post count.

4. Default Re: Seaplane pilot needs fishing help

pm sent. ***

Would be great to have a plave for the entire trip (or helicopter). How are you going to get permission from Cree territory?

Blog Entries

Sounds like quite the deal! I'd love to make such a trade, but claiming experience on my part would be a bit far-fetched good luck and let us know how it goes!
    - A.J.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...

7. Default Re: Seaplane pilot needs fishing help

If I were in your position I would fly in and hire a guide or two fly them to where the say and pitch opportunities to them. I spent 20 years as a procurement officer and I never trusted anyone who did not want to demonstrate what they could do for my company. More than likely the guides will set you on fish and teach you how to use a fly rod. You are fortunate, take advantage of it.

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Good calls Gentlemen .... wish the heck he lived here in the PNW. I'd be all over this!!

Fred
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

9. Default Re: Seaplane pilot needs fishing help

Skywagon has left the building.

Hi.
    I'd firstly just Travel,leaving The Plane behind,tune up your Casting Skills,visit local Flyshops who are always willing to give info,then Fish some Rivers as there are always plenty of waters to access & Fish,perhaps do a days Float on one of The Rivers.
    It won't take long to pick up some tips from locals then you can access more isolated areas.
    With your offer it's a wonder you haven't been swamped from others.
    Gooid Luck

Brian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast