Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  21
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Default Re: Swift River Massachusetts

Heading to swift next week probably Wednesday or Thursday. Never fished it in September so should be interesting.

Just joined the forum and wanted to say hi. I started fishing the Swift last Spring. I've lived in Pelham, 3 miles East of Amherst, for about a year and a half. I'm from Ireland but my wife is local. Its nice to live so close to such a great little river.
    If anyone wants to go fishing sometime or needs a spot to put up a tent to get some early fishing in, just let me know. I'm always down for a few beers and fishing, usually the other way round!!

I'll be out that way in march we usually fish it every weekend. Only got out there once last spring. It was not really fishable. There was ice half way across the y pool and about 20 degrees with a 40 mph wind. We stayed an hour and almost froze ha ha.

I'm really looking forward to the spring fishing. I didn't get out there too many times last year either. I usually start in April. Right around the time I start seeing ants in the backyard.

Welcome to the forum and to western Mass Damien28, maybe I'll run into you on the river sometime.
    Joe

5. Likes damien28 liked this post

Every time I drive by there are 4-5 cars parked there. I'm waiting for warmer weather, myself. Just getting back into it and I'm chomping at the bit. Can't wait.
    --Seriously...it was THIS big!

Anyone been to the swift yet is is fishable???

I was there a little over 2 weeks ago. It is definitely fishable. I was thinking of going down there tomorrow but I may take a ride out to the Deerfield instead for some new scenery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me know how it is and if the upper pool above the Y pool is still frozen it's a hour and half ride for me that's why I ask. But if u do the Deerfield let us know how that is too??

Well I ended up hitting the Deerfield today instead. I figured the Swift parking lot would be full today with the weather we had and it would be shoulder to shoulder out there.

I opted for the solitude of the Deerfield, unfortunately the fish had similar thoughts. Didn't even get a bite. Fished from Fife downstream, the water levels were good the fish just weren't active. I saw and talked to one other guy and he had the same results.

It was a beautiful day to be out there though!

And bowsie15 I imagine the upper pool above the Y pool is still iced over. It was 2 weeks ago and we haven't had too many warm days since then to melt it.

Quote Originally Posted by troutfanatic View Post
    Well I ended up hitting the Deerfield today instead. I figured the Swift parking lot would be full today with the weather we had and it would be shoulder to shoulder out there.

I opted for the solitude of the Deerfield, unfortunately the fish had similar thoughts. Didn't even get a bite. Fished from Fife downstream, the water levels were good the fish just weren't active. I saw and talked to one other guy and he had the same results.

It was a beautiful day to be out there though!

And bowsie15 I imagine the upper pool above the Y pool is still iced over. It was 2 weeks ago and we haven't had too many warm days since then to melt it.

Well at least u got out fishing maybe next week for the swift!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast