Mainer new to the forums

hornpout

Reaction score
Hey all,

These early February thaws give me a wicked case of spring fever that I'm having trouble shaking. Figured I would get as close to hitting the brooks and streams in feb as I could and started searching around the web and stumbled on to these forums.

Been lurking around most of the afternoon and really loved the friendly atmosphere and helpfulness of the members from what I have read so far. Figured I would sign up and introduce myself to you all and join the community.

My name is Matt and I am born and raised in central Maine. Most of my experience is trudging through the woods into the brooks and streams around the area with my pole and a box of worms looking for brookies. Just started getting into fly fishing and fly tying the last couple of years and absolutely love it!

I'm looking forward to being part of the community here and maybe picking up a new fishing buddy or two.

Happy fishing to you all and I'm sure you will see more from me in the near future around the forums here. :fishing:

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Matt: Welcome to the forum! I totally understand getting the itch to go fishing, I feel the same way and can't wait until spring finally gets here. I've been doing a lot of tying help the time go by, but that only goes so far, now I'm ready to wet a line!

Larry

dewbar

Reaction score
Your not the only one with spring fever. Im from aroostook county and Cant wait for this snow to melt. I have been tying flys and watching fishing videos. 3 more weeks and we can hit the water!!!

dewbar

Reaction score
Ive done quite a bit of camping in portage woods. very nice area, theres lakes everywheres. Its only like an hour from my house.

iluv2fish

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
Another mainer here. Im from brewer and do alot of fishing on the WB and moosehead area.