Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
  1. Default Swift River Beginner

Hey, my first post here on the forums. My friend and I have recently picked up fly fishing and are trying out on the swift river. We have been wading through and have seen fish (especially in the pool up by the Y in the river) but are having trouble landing them. Any tips for beginners for this time of year would be great.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Swift River Beginner

Hello,

Welcome to the forum, there are a couple things to know. First where are you? There may be many Swift River's in America so locations can help with getting some replies.

Second, when you say you are having trouble landing them, do you mean you are hooking fish and they are coming loose?

I'm surprised that no one has answered your thread with a reply but they may have been wondering same as I did when I opened it, where are you?

One last thing to help you become familiar with the forum and it with you, think about doing an introduction post. You can use this link to create the intro, once the group knows that you're here it'll help. Member Introductions - The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

The Swift has been pounded by anglers all winter and those fish are highly educated
    Look just 4 threads below this one and you'll see a thread on the Swift with 74 replies and over 3000 hits. That river has too much love
    As beginners you'd be better off trying a stream where the fish don't see a constant parade of flies passing by their noses day in and day out.

Here's where to look
    MassWildlife - Trout Stocking Schedule
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements. --- Horace Kephart

4. Likes Nearenuf liked this post
  5. Default Re: Swift River Beginner

We're at the swift river in central MA. and were having trouble hooking the fish at all

When you do hook 'em, keep your line tight. Any slack and you can lose the fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
    One last thing to help you become familiar with the forum and it with you, think about doing an introduction post. You can use this link to create the intro, once the group knows that you're here it'll help. Member Introductions - The North American Fly Fishing Forum
    That's exactly what I was going to tell youto this great forum