Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Looking for the best fishing tackle stores in US

basspro Guest

Default Looking for the best fishing tackle stores in US

Hi everyone:
    I'm a beginner for bass and tuna. I want to have some better lure fishing tackles. Are there any large tackle chain stores or any professional sales websites in the US?
    Thank you.

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Default Re: Looking for the best fishing tackle stores in US

Quote Originally Posted by basspro View Post
    Hi everyone:
    I'm a beginner for bass and tuna. I want to have some better lure fishing tackles. Are there any large tackle chain stores or any professional sales websites in the US?
    Thank you.
    In a word: Yes. ProBass, Cabela's, Sportsman's whorehouse (sorry, bad play on words), etc.
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

3. Likes N/A, woodrivertroutbum, fly_rover liked this post

I could write pages about the horror stories from Bass Pro and Cabela's, having chartered for some 27 years before retiring, I found lots of good suppliers (usually at much lower prices as well) when the internet opened up the opportunities I really found great deals I suggest doing various web searches

now, Bass and Tuna that is really a spread for tackle, find a good off shore site for help, I recommend Fishing Fly Fishing How to Fishing and Fishing Reports at Tidal Fish - Fishing Fly Fishing How to Fishing at Tidal Fish as a great place to start asking

good luck

L.O.A.M.
    aka Capt Bob

5. Likes smilingduck liked this post
  6. Default Re: Looking for the best fishing tackle stores in US

Bass pro,tackle hourse, Sportman's warehouse, Sail, they are all good

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Hi, I review to your fishing reports, how to find the good supplier?

........and if you find the cheapest please pm me

Re: Bass Pro Shop.

Look, don't get me wrong... I get excited to go to Bass Pro Shop are much as the next guy. I mean, just look at all the cool **** they have!

Lets be reel though... the spin/bait rod to fly rod ratio is totally skewed. You can pass 10 isles of spin/bait rods, and then they have a small 1/2 isle of fly rods.

Step up the selection, bass pro.

Chains are awesome, but local fly shops are where it's at.

9. Likes Ard, dharkin, flyingslanted liked this post
  10. Default Re: Looking for the best fishing tackle stores in US

Because Bass Pro sells what they can make money selling. If there isn't much fly stuff (which there isn't), it's because the space is better filled with other items that sell more quickly. I bet if a few thousand people off here went in and bought $20,000 worth of flies each, they would carry more flies, and same with rods.

But you can't beat a local fly shop

I used to stop in Tackle Direct retail store in NJ when i fished stripers years ago, great store and now a good online shop also. TackleDirect Retail Store - New Location in Egg Harbor Twp, NJ

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

Whoa, didn't realize this was an old thread.

caster o flies Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fly_rover View Post
    Re: Bass Pro Shop.

Look, don't get me wrong... I get excited to go to Bass Pro Shop are much as the next guy. I mean, just look at all the cool **** they have!

Lets be reel though... the spin/bait rod to fly rod ratio is totally skewed. You can pass 10 isles of spin/bait rods, and then they have a small 1/2 isle of fly rods.

Step up the selection, bass pro.

Chains are awesome, but local fly shops are where it's at.
    Local fly shops rule. No arguing there. It's been a year since I walked in a Bass Pro, and as far as I am concerned, it will be my last.

I was looking at two fly reels, trying to decide, and the lady asked if I needed help. I replied back saying I was trying to make the choice between the two reels that were on sale. She said, and I quote : "hurry up then, I have four other things to do."

I calmly looked at her and said, "I have made my decision. C'mon honey,...speaking to my wife...we're going to the Laughing Grizzly fly shop where variety may be limited, but customer service is A1!"

Should have seen the look on the sales lady's face. looked like this
    The look on my wife was more like