The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > >

Northeast Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Old 01-10-2017, 12:47 PM

troutn is a splendid one to beholdtroutn is a splendid one to beholdtroutn is a splendid one to beholdtroutn is a splendid one to beholdtroutn is a splendid one to beholdtroutn is a splendid one to behold
Default Mass Transit Suggestion

I am going to be vacationing in the NE this year. My son and dad will need to be dropped off to fly out of Boston. My quandary is that I am pulling my 5th wheel. Looking for suggestions for mass transit. I am thinking that I could find a place to have them both go into the city to the airport. We are coming from Maine to New York. But on the way, we need to drop them off. Looking at Waltham as a decent spot but looking for suggestions.
Thanks!
Old 01-10-2017, 02:20 PM

eastfly66 has a brilliant futureeastfly66 has a brilliant futureeastfly66 has a brilliant futureeastfly66 has a brilliant futureeastfly66 has a brilliant futureeastfly66 has a brilliant futureeastfly66 has a brilliant futureeastfly66 has a brilliant futureeastfly66 has a brilliant futureeastfly66 has a brilliant futureeastfly66 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Mass Transit Suggestion

I know the area Rick , would like to help out but can you clarify what the goal is again ? Mass Transit ? you mean public transportation to Logan ? Is fishing involved here somewhere ? There are plenty of shuttle services and Limo to & fro Logan.
Old 01-10-2017, 02:26 PM

troutn is a splendid one to beholdtroutn is a splendid one to beholdtroutn is a splendid one to beholdtroutn is a splendid one to beholdtroutn is a splendid one to beholdtroutn is a splendid one to behold

Well Eastfly66, wish fishing was the goal. I am traveling from Maine on I-95, with my fifth wheel camper, to drop off my dad and brother at Boston Logan. I don't want to take the camper into the city. I am looking for a place, with mass transit of some sort, to take them into the airport for their flight. I then want to continue onto my destination into the New York City are for our night's stay. On the way, want to travel through Providence as well. Hope that helps.
Old 01-10-2017, 02:36 PM

eastfly66 has a brilliant futureeastfly66 has a brilliant futureeastfly66 has a brilliant futureeastfly66 has a brilliant futureeastfly66 has a brilliant futureeastfly66 has a brilliant futureeastfly66 has a brilliant futureeastfly66 has a brilliant futureeastfly66 has a brilliant futureeastfly66 has a brilliant futureeastfly66 has a brilliant future

This is just one of many options in the area. It is easy access and you can drop the trailer and go pick up the Pike right into Logan. The rates should be reasonable for the area. Traffic is a horror show at rush time but that goes for all of Metro West. I am sure the Hotel will have a # for shuttle if that is better.

https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpres...ma/hoteldetail
Old 01-10-2017, 02:51 PM

Thanks so much!
Old 01-10-2017, 02:54 PM
Mass Transit Suggestion

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

When I lived in Providence we would take the T out of Quincy as that was an easy place to drive to and park.
I think that's the red line. Then you would transfer to the silver line to Logan

I have no idea if that's the best way, or even a good way, but that's what I've done.

http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/rail/
http://www.mbta.com/riding_the_t/logan/

Quote:
For service to Logan Airport using the Silver Line SL1, take the MBTA Red Line or Commuter Rail to South Station and transfer to the Silver Line Route SL1. The Silver Line SL1 will drop you off in front of your Logan terminal
Old 01-10-2017, 04:06 PM

karstopo has much to be proud ofkarstopo has much to be proud ofkarstopo has much to be proud ofkarstopo has much to be proud ofkarstopo has much to be proud ofkarstopo has much to be proud ofkarstopo has much to be proud ofkarstopo has much to be proud ofkarstopo has much to be proud of

The MBTA makes it easy to get into Boston from many points ringing the city and its 1,000 times easier than driving in, especially with a 5th wheel.

MBTA > Schedules & Maps > Commuter Rail > Littleton/Route 495

The Littleton station is in Littleton MA. right off I495 coming out of Maine towards NY. I lived in Franklin MA and there is another line there, but that's a little out of the way coming from Maine.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:13 AM

dharkin is a splendid one to beholddharkin is a splendid one to beholddharkin is a splendid one to beholddharkin is a splendid one to beholddharkin is a splendid one to beholddharkin is a splendid one to beholddharkin is a splendid one to beholddharkin is a splendid one to behold

Go with the logan express. Better than the MBTA although it may be a little more expensive. Full size bus with plenty of storage and leaves just about every hour. Take a look;

Massport - Peabody

Get off RT 95 south just a little North of the city, drop them off, then either get back on RT 95 to go around Boston or continue on RT 1 and go through Boston to Providence;
https://www.google.com/maps/place/16...!4d-70.9881933
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes karstopo liked this post
Old 01-11-2017, 07:29 AM

karstopo has much to be proud ofkarstopo has much to be proud ofkarstopo has much to be proud ofkarstopo has much to be proud ofkarstopo has much to be proud ofkarstopo has much to be proud ofkarstopo has much to be proud ofkarstopo has much to be proud ofkarstopo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharkin View Post
Go with the logan express. Better than the MBTA although it may be a little more expensive. Full size bus with plenty of storage and leaves just about every hour. Take a look;

Massport - Peabody

Get off RT 95 south just a little North of the city, drop them off, then either get back on RT 95 to go around Boston or continue on RT 1 and go through Boston to Providence;
https://www.google.com/maps/place/16...!4d-70.9881933
That's a great idea, Logan Express. Direct to the airport. There's another one that originates out of Framingham right off the Mass pike.