Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Default AMFF Fly Fishing Festival

The American Museum of Fly Fishing. Manchester VT.
    Saturday, August 12, 2017

August 12: 10th Annual Fly Fishing Festival - American Museum Of Fly Fishing
    The 10th annual AMFF Fly Fishing Festival returns to beautiful Manchester, VT on August 12th this year from 10 am until 4 pm. This is our signature event of the summer- a growing event that showcases the joy of fly fishing with vendors, demonstrations, and a gathering of people who are all equally enthused about the sport. Come enjoy fly tying and casting demonstrations, food vendors and lessons. Try your hand at casting vintage rods, learn how to tie a saltwater fly, and mingle with likeminded people as you share the taste and joy of the great outdoors. Keep checking our event page for updates on vendors, guest fly fishing and fly tying instructors, performers, and much more.

FREE ADMISSION
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements. --- Horace Kephart

2. Likes hairwing530 liked this post
    beside the AuSable River in northern Michigan

Default Re: AMFF Fly Fishing Festival

Rip,

Are you going to the AMFF Fly Fishing Festival? If so, I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on the gathering. I've always wanted to go, but VT is a long drive from the friendly confines of northern Michigan...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

Quote Originally Posted by hairwing530 View Post
    Are you going to the AMFF Fly Fishing Festival? If so, I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on the gathering. I've always wanted to go, but VT is a long drive from the friendly confines of northern Michigan...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
    As much as I'd enjoy a road trip to Vermont, Saturdays are work days for me.
    The Manchester area is a great place to visit, not only for the AMFF and Orvis in town but the mountains and running waters as well.
    I haven't fished the Battenkill in a very long time.
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements. --- Horace Kephart

5. Likes hairwing530 liked this post

We had this event on our schedule,but unfortunately,in the middle of building our new home and having some excavation done ...ugh. I think we'll still get up there this fall , would love to see the " orvis factory ? Do they offer tours ?