Upper Delaware River Access

stevemcd1956

Reaction score
Hi, everyone. Other than the PA Boat Commission Access point, in Wayne County on the PA. Are there any access areas to the river on the NY side?

airborne 82nd

Reaction score
Hello steve , not exactly sure what point youre looking to get on river, there are many spots to access , crossing into new york from PA , you can get in at “ Shehawken “; north of there youll find another area, at the “ cemetery, this is where a lot of guys go , its in long eddy .
This portion of the river is “ no kill “; its refered to as the Border waters ...
Great places to fish , good luck
Airborne

stevemcd1956

Reaction score
Hello steve , not exactly sure what point youre looking to get on river, there are many spots to access , crossing into new york from PA , you can get in at “ Shehawken “; north of there youll find another area, at the “ cemetery, this is where a lot of guys go , its in long eddy .
This portion of the river is “ no kill “; its refered to as the Border waters ...
Great places to fish , good luck
Airborne
Thank you. I have fished most points on the East & West Branches for decades. But, have found it difficult to find public access points south of Hancock and the Calicoon area?

flybri2

Reaction score
Pick up Paul Weamer's book Fly Fishing the Upper Delaware. I gives you all the public access areas.

airborne 82nd

Reaction score
Great advice on the book recommendation, the points youre looking for are going to be off of private access from my knowledge, the benefit of launching at long eddy ,is guys like the large open areas to park, launch and attempt backing up lol .... i am not a fan of the “ Drift boat traffic “ call me oldschool , ?
But theres been mornings ive had to just get out of water because the traffic is like Manhattan rush hour ... i have plenty of personal places i go that entail long hikes but i never see another person .. The amount of driftboats on the river is out of hand with everybody buying a drift now , lol. What ever floats youre boat lol ..... enjoy
Airborne

stevemcd1956

Reaction score
Thanks, Airborne. I'm not a boater either. I prefer to walk & wade. That said, just searching for walk in access spots below Hancock and between Narrowsburg and Calicoon.

airborne 82nd

Reaction score
Okay great steve , theres an app i use its called trout GPS. Theres available info on rivers all over , its shows every public access site ,as well as gps cordinates ..... i love this thing shows address , plug into youre gps and drive to the public access site , this is very helpful

Airborne

stevemcd1956

Reaction score
Okay great steve , theres an app i use its called trout GPS. Theres available info on rivers all over , its shows every public access site ,as well as gps cordinates ..... i love this thing shows address , plug into youre gps and drive to the public access site , this is very helpful

Airborne
Thanks, Airborne! That's a big help!

Tight Lines!
SteveMcD