Newbies 1st post

PASTERCASTER

Reaction score
Well I couldn't stay away. Although I haven't fly casted since 2002 it has been in my thoughts almost daily, hence my handle PASTercaster. Easily the thing I miss most about NY. The neoprene waders haven't seen ANY use in FL. I'll say it now my spelling stinks, so please bear with. I have been very curious about the Nissequoge river state park fishing status. How is it going there now? In the 80's it was a well kept secret with huge trout. Shooting fish in a barrel, YES. Crystal clear spring fed water, & being able to see & target a specific fish was great. Barbless hooks, tippet pound limits, narrow banks & close trees made it challenging, but going home empty handed was rare. Living 10 minutes away, I went often. ANY updates on changes, price increases, the virus would be appreciated. If I went there tomorrow I'm sure I'd remember every hole & undercut bank.

littledavid123

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Pastercaster

I don't know anything Nissequoge River but would recommend using the search feature to see what you may find. It is a great resource filled with everything ever posted. Also something to remember, the forum has a LOT of people reading what is said and if you wish to keep a place secret don't mention by name. ;)

Dave

spm

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. We have several Fla members. I'm sure they'll be along to answer any specific questions you may have.

steve

PASTERCASTER

Reaction score
Thanks LD, the search I tried yielded nothing recent. The N.R. secret cat was let out of the bag around 1990 when all of a sudden app 75% of the people there seemed to be Suffolk county teachers. :confused: My OLD honey holes are now a 3+ hour plane ride away.

dennyk

Reaction score
PASTERCASTER, welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll get some pretty good tips on other types and places to fish in your area!

:welcomean

Denny