Trout in Burlington VT area this weekend?

sjauch

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm heading up to Burlington tomorrow and would like to squeeze in some fishing. It looks like the bigger rivers in the area, Lamoille & Winooski, are probably a bit to warm.

Can anyone recommend some small streams or areas I should check that might remain cool enough for c&r of wild brookies?

I know there is the large area of state land in Waterbury and I was thinking of heading there. Perhaps the Stevenson Brook or Cotton Brook are worth it?

I know people are protective of their fishing spots but any guidance on where on the map I should pay attention to would be appreciated.

gpwhitejr

Reaction score
I visited my local stream in Jericho yesterday but the water was too warm (and low, since we have had very little rain). I don't know about the bigger rivers or higher elevations. Maybe check Sterling Pond.

skunkedalot

Reaction score
there is a great fly shop in Stowe that can probably offer advice and guiding.
A friend of mine just fished the big lake and hammered warm water fish.
Champlain is a great fishery.

acorad

Reaction score
When I went to Western MA this summer I ended up fishing a no-name local blueline creek for tons of brookies. I'd imaging VT would be pretty much the same.

Andy

sjauch

Reaction score
Called the fly shop in Stowe and they confirmed Stevenson Brook as a good option.

Well it didn’t disappoint. Didn’t have to cover much ground to get into some nice fish.

AAC03627-BEEC-4C77-B7AF-666A40BB3AEC.jpg
33CD4EED-BB8B-4379-A40A-02D05A150D18.jpg
5374EDC2-8235-4487-8841-25F8FF6B3CC3.jpg
3ABFA258-01EF-4F90-882A-384FA34DD802.jpg