Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Northwest Corner, Conn. 2019 edition

The Farmington flows have been cut significantly this week making the water much more manageable. If you avoid the weekend you should miss the circus too. I spent the last couple of evenings on a couple of stocked ponds near home teaching my 10 year old son how to cast and set the hook. Let's just say he did very well... freshly stocked fish are pretty gullible!
    Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by skunkedalot View Post
    There are Hendricksons on the Blackberry and smaller streams but I didn't see anything on the Housatonic. So either the hatch got blown out by high water or it hasn't happened yet or [inset third option here].

housatonic anglers reports NO hendricksons on the Hous this year- must be the high water and chitty weather we have had and will continue to enjoy next week.
    I applaud your willing to wade in that water level. Please leave me your fly rods in said will.
    Haha

At that flow the spots are few and far between. I don't go in above my waist, and since I'm 5' 9" with short legs, that's not very far. Wading belt, stick and studded boots are a must.

Quote Originally Posted by nmum View Post
    The Farmington flows have been cut significantly this week making the water much more manageable. If you avoid the weekend you should miss the circus too. I spent the last couple of evenings on a couple of stocked ponds near home teaching my 10 year old son how to cast and set the hook. Let's just say he did very well... freshly stocked fish are pretty gullible!
    Were the fish still wearing their freshman beanies?

SOunds like fun

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123