Luggage for waders, boots, clothes

zamboknee

Reaction score
I'm heading to Washington in late July and am looking for a bag that'll accommodate all my gear: waders, Rod N reel, boots, sling and other clothing and toiletries.
Any recommendations on an affordable option?
Some parameters...
Can't spend $300 on a bag
Doesn't have to be a fishing brand (though preferable!)
Tough enough to survive baggage handling

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

repperson29

Reaction score
I love my fishpond cimmaron bag. Has a dedicated section for waders boots and an ample space uptop for everything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

englishspringer

Reaction score
I have an LL Bean rolling duffle and it meets my needs fine. I think they're around $100 just go to LL bean website and check them out. I get all my clothes, boots, waders, vest, toiletries, etc. in the duffle with no problem. You just need to monitor the weight so you don't exceed the 50lb limit for the standard airline fee. I carry on my rods in a Cabellas rod carrier and also carry on a small backpack with my reels and flies.

zamboknee

Reaction score
I love my fishpond cimmaron bag. Has a dedicated section for waders boots and an ample space uptop for everything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got this and it worked great. Stood up to luggage handling like a champ

roadglideguy

Reaction score
I have a Simm's dry bag backpack but I can tell you that the Cabela's dry bags backpack (the large) is awesome. Used it white water rafting and for fishing gear. Super heavy duty and lifetime guarantee!

JoJer

Reaction score
Wright McGill | Fly Fishing Bags | Yellowstone Wader Bag | Wright & McGill
I've had this one for over 5 years (?) and I've used it for a couple of dozen over night/week end trips. I've never flown with it.
Not sure if a 4 piece rod would fit in it. It does have straps on both sides but I don't think you'd want check it with a rod on the outside.
It has a waterproof flap in the bottom wader/ boot area so you can keep your boots away from your waders. I usually stuff my laundry in that area.
I'm reasonably certain that it was well under $200.

Last edited: