Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
  1. Thumbs up Herters Wing Maker

Hello all, need some help. I was looking at my herters magazine, very old. And in it i found a device that I was interested in using. Its a wing maker,,a device that using 2 guills ( a matched set ) now this device uses two combs for either side and makes a perfect set of wings up to 12 to 14 sets depends on the size. Which i m told are 2 sizes of wings 1/4 inch and 1/8 inch, I may have that wrong. The information i have is sketchy at best. I was wondering if there were any fly tyers out there that may have one of these devices not to purchase but to copy and make my own. Please contact me at this address
    trefgarn@yahoo.com. thanks

Default Re: Herters Wing Maker

One suggestion would be to check out ebay searching for herter.

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Someone was asking about this same gadget not too long ago. They had one and were looking for the instructions.
    As I remember, they were not successful.
    Last edited by Rip Tide; 04-16-2011 at 09:02 AM.
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements. --- Horace Kephart

Blog Entries

I knew that there had been a post about this and Paul has got me off my butt to search for it. Here is the thread link; Need some help you should contact this member and get together on this.

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors