Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
  1. Lightbulb Very large fly box?....Anyone?...

Anyone know who might sell a very large fly box, say the size of a standard plano box, like the ones you would see in a tackle box (@ 14x9)

I remember seeing one years ago, but I can't remember where or who made it. The fly box, or should I say case, had a outside cover that had a handle and a zipper to open the box. There were two large foam shallow boxes. The foam inserts had walls on them about 1 1/2 inches high, so with both sides together, the box would be about 3" thick zippered up.

Basically it's designed to hold a **** load of small flies or good to hold alot of big flies like saltwater flies, bass flies, pike, musky flies all in one box. It's not something you would carry in vest thats for sure.....It's more of a boat fly box.

I currently use the plastic plano style tackle storage boxes, but it doesn't make the flies easy to organize. If anyone has seen one, let me know please.
    Capt. Ouitdee Carson
    Duluth,MN
    Arrowhead Fly Angler
    arrowheadflyangler.blogspot.com
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

2. Default Re: Very large fly box?....Anyone?...

From what you described, the only thing I can think of is: System X has a large Stryo box that you can put four cartridges in from the smaller boxes. Excellent set up but no zippers, and about the size you mentioned.