Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Great Products

Default Re: Great Products

Very good to know, Thanks JP.

Blog Entries

If like me you've got a small car...and you often go from one spot to another...here's a good rod carrier.Simple,not expensive,easy to use,doesn't take room when taken into pieces(you can put the little box under a seat or in a corner of your boot)I tested it for a week in Austria( was lucky the cow didn't jump on it!!!) and been using it here for a while...very praticle.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCliff View Post
    I'm gonna throw a new category out there: waterproof phone pouches

I've got one of these, called a "Dry Pak", and I couldn't be happier with it.

(I use mine without the neck lanyard)

It slides into my butt pack alongside my fly boxes, you can work a touchscreen through to plastic, and mine has never leaked, despite being submerged multiple times. I can't say that about other pouches I've spent more than twice as much for.

Best part? Its about $10. Found mine at Academy.

I keep my fishing license in it all the time, and it sits underneath the phone in the pouch.
    Can you hear to talk on the phone without taking it out of the pouch??

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Quote Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
    Can you hear to talk on the phone without taking it out of the pouch??

Dave
    I certainly hope not, Dave. The last thing we need is for more "convenient" and easier use of a cell phone while on the river!

Last weekend I was clopping along a river it was getting hotter and I was getting tired and I kept running into more people in a place I hardly never used to see people...but it wasn't until I came upon the guy standing on a log jam, "fishing" this absolutely beautiful hole one handed while his cell phone was tucked between his shoulder and ear! I wished he had taken a swim. I cannot stand it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
    I certainly hope not, Dave. The last thing we need is for more "convenient" and easier use of a cell phone while on the river!

Last weekend I was clopping along a river it was getting hotter and I was getting tired and I kept running into more people in a place I hardly never used to see people...but it wasn't until I came upon the guy standing on a log jam, "fishing" this absolutely beautiful hole one handed while his cell phone was tucked between his shoulder and ear! I wished he had taken a swim. I cannot stand it at all.
    Dean

I agree with being frustrated when hearing a cell ring on the water because it's usually mine. But some of us have no choice and our jobs demand a cell phone at all times (even when on vacation). But as a side note: If I ever call someone just to visit while you and I are fishing, you have my permission to take the phone and slap me on the face. After I get up off the ground I will probably thank you.

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

I finally ordered a Brodin net after giving a hard time to a bow that I netted with my traditional net several days ago. The poor fish was stuck in my net because the hook and the net was tangled. The fish was released unharmed. But getting the hook out of the net was a challenge. I still do not understand why pinched barbed hooks are still stuck on the net.

I hope that Brodin will help me C and R.

Quote Originally Posted by jpbfly View Post
    That's exactly what Joni did on her large net. Got rid of the green string net and put the Brodin on. All by herself.
    Brodin, proudly made in the U.S.A.
    Life is not like a bowl of cherries. It's more like a jar of ghost peppers. What you eat today might burn your ass tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    That's exactly what Joni did on her large net. Got rid of the green string net and put the Brodin on. All by herself.
    Brodin, proudly made in the U.S.A.
    I think the Brodin nets are made in Purto Rico

Dave

Blog Entries

I've had to cut hooks out of my old net... You would have to not only pinch the barb but then file it down in order to prevent it from snagging on string net material. I still want a Brodin.
    - A.J.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...

Quote Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
    I think the Brodin nets are made in Purto Rico

Dave
    Ah, but we talkin' the replacement basket. Puerto Rico is the 52nd state I'm told.
    Life is not like a bowl of cherries. It's more like a jar of ghost peppers. What you eat today might burn your ass tomorrow...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123