Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
  1. Default Stocking Foot Waders- Shoe Size 13

I am looking to get into a pair of entry-level stocking foot waders. I wear a size 13 shoe, and most of the sizes I have seen are listed as "11-13" (Reddington) or "12-13" (Simms). I'm concerned about them being too tight. I tried on a pair of Orvis waders at the Orvis store next to my office, and they have a tall size 13-14, which was comfortable, but they were seriously baggy (not just roomy- like a tent or a clown suit).

Anyone with size 13 shoe care to relate their experience and/or suggestions?

Default Re: Stocking Foot Waders- Shoe Size 13

This doesn't answer your question specifically, but I know that Simms will change the feet on thier waders for you, if they were too large or small. I think they charge $50 to do it. Some of the other manufacturers may too.

My wife has done this twice, the feet are so big for hers she has them put smaller feet on, so her boots fit right (otherwise there's too much excess material)
    Dave

3. Default Re: Stocking Foot Waders- Shoe Size 13

Thanks Dave- That is good to know. I'm on a very tight budget , so I'd rather not go that route if I can avoid it. I may have to bite the bullet this.

I'd recommend contacting the various wader boot manufacturers and get their input. The ones I have contacted have been pretty helpful. They obviously have phone, e-mail and some have live chats to talk with them. Get all the input you can and then decide what's right for you within your budget.
    "I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...because only in the woods can I find solitude without lonliness..." Robert Traver 1964 (Judge John Voelker)

I wear a 13 in most shoes, 12 in some..... I just picked up a pair of L.L. Bean Emerger stocking foot waders in large(they're rated 10-12), just went by the sizing chart for my body. The stocking fits perfect, not too tight, actually the foot fit realy well. If your foot is a solid 13 or to the top side of a 13 you may need the xl's. My large's fit me everywhere except the belly area, it's huge, but not even noticed with my vest on. The best part about them is they only cost $95(free shipping) and come with a lifetime guarantee. I know a guy who sent in 10yr old pair of waders that had just started leaking and they replaced them free of charge.

6. Default Re: Stocking Foot Waders- Shoe Size 13

troutslayer -that is good advice

wishiniwerfishin -actually there is an LL Bean store close to me that I can try those on. I forgot about their FF gear. Funny thing is that it is directly next door to a (different) Orvis store. You can imagine the self control needed to visit that shopping center

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wetboot View Post
    troutslayer -that is good advice

wishiniwerfishin -actually there is an LL Bean store close to me that I can try those on. I forgot about their FF gear. Funny thing is that it is directly next door to a (different) Orvis store. You can imagine the self control needed to visit that shopping center
    i used to have a pair of ll bean waders and the feet being generous in size. the ones i had were the emerger series and they were very nice. i think they were around a hundred bucks.

casey

ARFE

8. Default Re: Stocking Foot Waders- Shoe Size 13

Hi, I just want to follow up on this. After a couple of weeks of research and gear acquisition, here is where I landed. While trying on Korkers Redside boots (which I purchased), I used a pair of higher-end Simms wading pants, size XL. Everything about them fit perfectly. My foot reached to the end of the neoprene, but wasn't right up against it. Also, there wasn't a lot of extra material like the Orvis waders. So I tried on a pair of Simms Blackfoot chest waders (~$149), and they really fit me great. Here are my specs:

H: 6'1
    W: 225
    Foot: 13
    Korkers boot size to match (leaving room for neoprene and a heavy sock underneath): 14
    Inseam: 32
    Waist: 38

It is difficult to estimate fit, especially if you need to order online. Hopefully, this will help anyone in the same position as me.

-Rob