Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  75
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Default Re: Which New Wading Boot?

I know a couple guides that have the new boots and they love them. The new bars and their configuration are a bit different than the foot tractors. I wouldn't even call them bars as one doesn't fully span the sole. I have two pairs of foot tractors. One has worn out bars and the other I replaced with Rock treads, which work very well. However, I may have voided the warranty by installing them. I will probably buy the new Patagonia/Danner boots when the time comes. BTW, couple weeks ago I lost my balance on some rip rap going down a steep Deschutes bank. I fell sideways and hit my thigh on a big piece of rip rap. Oh man did it hurt and still haven't fully recovered. I'm not sure if one of the aluminum threads stuck and caused me to lose balance, but I'm going to be very careful in the future...

Ouch!

The bars on my 4 year old foot tractors are worn out; if Deschutes Angler had had the replacement bars in stock, I probably would have bought them before I noticed the uppers were split. From the anecdotes I've read in that other thread, maybe I should have brought the boots into the shop with me. I bought the boots from Deschutes Angler.
    MC

"At least we don't have any stinky fish we gotta clean."

I was in the fly shop today for some hooks, and fondled the new Foot Tractors. I didn't try them on (going to wait and see what Patagonia does on the warranty) but my first impression was that they don't seem to have a lot of ankle support.
    MC

Quote Originally Posted by dillon View Post
    Patagonia has a lifetime warranty. Send them in for repair or replacement.
    Well, it looks as if I will probably be wading in a new pair of Foot Tractors this winter or spring. I sent my old ones in, and Patagonia issued me a full credit for the cost of my old Foot Tractors, to be used toward a new pair. I will still end up paying about the same amount as for a new pair of Simms or Orvis boots, and I plan to try on all three before deciding. In the past, the Patagonia boots have fit my foot the best.

Thanks, Dillon, for the suggestion!
    MC

5. Thanks dillon thanked for this post
    Likes Ard liked this post

I tried on the Foot Tractors and the Simms boots today, and I really didn't feel the Foot Tractors had the ankle support the old Foot Tractors, or the newer Simms boots, have. They seemed decidedly unstable from side to side in the ankle area. I decided to pass on the Foot Tractors and the local fly shop is ordering me a new pair of Simms G4s. I should have them in a week or so, probably just in time for our winter weather to arrive.
    MC

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425