Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  72
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Which New Wading Boot?

Default Re: Which New Wading Boot?

You will love the BOA system if you fish in below freezing temps. When laces are frozen solid it is a PITA to get in or out of your boots. Last weekend we fished and it was 11 degrees. When we got back to the car after fishing for 10 hours we were frozen solid from the knees down. One easy pull of the buckles and my boots slide right off.

2. Likes comeonavs liked this post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by woodrivertroutbum View Post
    You will love the BOA system if you fish in below freezing temps. When laces are frozen solid it is a PITA to get in or out of your boots. Last weekend we fished and it was 11 degrees. When we got back to the car after fishing for 10 hours we were frozen solid from the knees down. One easy pull of the buckles and my boots slide right off.
    Nice to hear....but mine will be for summer & wet wading. I always have worn a Simms size 12 so I bought a pair without trying them on. They are fine with waders but I swim in them wet wading to the point of getting blisters. I now have a summer & winter pair of boots
    "The fish you're gonna find up here, you're gonna find; Rainbow,Cuttbow,CuttBrowns,Brownbows,RainBrowns,
    CuttyRainbrowns, Pike ,Perch"

"Snap it" Hank Patterson

4. Default Re: Which New Wading Boot?

Does anyone use the White River Extreme wadding boot? I have been told that they run wider than most boots.I wear a 13 EE boot so sometimes to get a boot for what ever I need it for, I have to give up a little quality for a good fit.

I use the Orvis river guard wading boots now , there a slightly larger fit which is good for me because over the stocking foot waders I wear a neoprene socks, Simms largest pair .. then it protects the wading sock and is very comfortable , Merino socks underneath the stockingfoots thou.

6. Likes double d liked this post
  7. Default Re: Which New Wading Boot?

My son has outgrown 2 sets of waders and was complaining about his Simm's guide boots( in fairly new condition ) being uncomfortably tight in the midst of a fishing trip in the Catskills - I took him to a shop in Roscoe and got him a pair of these Orvis boots ($50 off) - he was very pleased and let me try them out (we wear the same size now) on the next trip when he opted for a pair of neoprene bootfoot waders we carry along with us - I was duly impressed and he got me a pair for xmas - it looks like they're still going for the $50 off price - they are a bit heavy, but with that I liken them to having 'tanks' on my feet, they seem to be impervious to everything - the easy on/off feature rocks and they come with the studs installed - very roomy and comfortable -

Fishing Wader Boots / River Guard™ Easy-On Brogue -- Orvis

8. Default Re: Which New Wading Boot?

Did you go with one size larger than your regular boot size?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by joebloe View Post
    My son has outgrown 2 sets of waders and was complaining about his Simm's guide boots( in fairly new condition ) being uncomfortably tight in the midst of a fishing trip in the Catskills
    Hi Joe,

I thought on buying the 'Guide Boot' from Simms but found quite a few reports from folks using them regarding shrinkage. The Orvis boots should serve well for him, I waded in their boots for at least 20 years with no complaints.

I did however finish the 2012 season with the Rivershed boots from Simms and can say that the comfort on an 18 hour 'Midnight Sun' days fishing is wonderful. I have also slept in them twice and got right back on the water with no problems

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

10. Likes jaybo41 liked this post
    okuma Guest

Alrighty then Ard.....kinda strange. But.....

12. Likes Ard, jaybo41 liked this post

I had a pair of Redingtons that shrunk on me too. I wasn't sure if I was just going crazy or not but sure enough they got ALOT smaller.

14. Default Re: Which New Wading Boot?

The Simms Freestones are durable, comfortable and priced right.

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast