Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Simms Freestone Waders question

I am finally to the point I need waders,, I always made fun of waders growing up but now that the water is getting cold and there are trout stocked i wanna to get a be more comfort and safety so I was looking at the Simms Freestone bootie foot, for cost and the Simms qualtiy with out going broke. any one using these waders could you give me your thoughts. thank you.
    mike

Default Re: Simms Freestone Waders question

I was using a pair of these last year, for right around 2 months. They had some sort of workmanship problem on the inseam and leaked the first time out. I wasn't real impressed with them.

Simms is one of the best customer service companies I've dealt with in a long time. I called the repair center up one day, explained the problem. They told me to send them in, and one day after they receieved the waders, they had a brand new pair in the mail for me. Unfortunately, now I've just got a brand new pair of waders I'll never wear since I upgraded to the G3's.

Quote Originally Posted by ted4887 View Post
    I was using a pair of these last year, for right around 2 months. They had some sort of workmanship problem on the inseam and leaked the first time out. I wasn't real impressed with them.

Simms is one of the best customer service companies I've dealt with in a long time. I called the repair center up one day, explained the problem. They told me to send them in, and one day after they receieved the waders, they had a brand new pair in the mail for me. Unfortunately, now I've just got a brand new pair of waders I'll never wear since I upgraded to the G3's.
    what size?? I am still on the fence about what to get, but I do know ill get one with stocking foot.

4. Default Re: Simms Freestone Waders question

I had the same problem as Ted with my Freestones. I do a lot of walking in waders and this pair had about 125 days and probably 40 miles of walking in them and the seam on the inside left leg frayed right on the edge of the seam tape and developed a hole 1/4" long one day. Sent them back through my local fly shop and got a new pair within the week. Simms acknowledged that the problem was workmanship related and they addressed the issue. Hopefully this new pair will fair better. I think the problem was that the seam tape was so much stiffer than the rest of the material in the waders that the seam tape slowly cut into the main wader material. If I were you I'd go with a higher grade Simms wader.

Size XL.

Yatahey - That's exactly what they told me as well. They did say that they've fixed the problem, but I can't be sure about that. For the price point, if they hold up, they would be fantastic waders.

I too am looking at getting a pair of waders that don't break the bank. I saw these and I have heard that Simms customer service is pretty awesome too! So I guess I might as well give them a try. Right now I am down in Tx, so I probably will only use them for the winter... well until I get back up to Michigan next year! Can anyone speak from expirence on how these compare to the Blackfoot waders?
    thanks,
    Andrew

Well, I recently ended up picking up a pair of the Freestone waders. They look and feel well built, now I can't wait to get a chance to put them to the test! I'll let y'all know how they preform whenever I find out.
    Andrew

I have one trip with mine, so far its been good.
    Last edited by mbphotos54; 01-11-2012 at 11:13 PM.

I have been in a pair of freestones for 5 or 6 outings and they seem to be holding up. I dont like to invest a ton in waders since I only wear them in winter. I needed a backup to my trusty old L2's...the aquaseal was getting heavy (not waders fault just the barb wire, steel, glass and other junk people leave behind).

well I have had a few trips out in mine now and with 2 sweatpants and a fleece pant and 2 thick boot socks on I have been toasty in the spring creek , I know the water doesnt compare to the snowmelt creek some of you guys dealwith, but Im warm and dry so I can keep fishing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast