Boot size

MoscaPescador

Reaction score
Simms claims to consider stocking foot and sock volume in its sizing. In most cases, ordering the same size is safe.

Most other brands (Patagonia, Chota, Korkers) recommend going up one size.

The best case scenario is to try before you buy because there are exceptions to the rule.

MP

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Agreeing with MP that trying the boot on is best. Remember, these are the boots you plan to have on for hours at a time.

MBWCC

Reaction score
Simms claims to consider stocking foot and sock volume in its sizing. In most cases, ordering the same size is safe.
I would not agree with Simms on this point.

I wear size 13 street shoes. For the most part size 13 street shoes are just a bit loose on my feet (in other words, if the world made size 12-1/2 street shoes I would wear them). On the other hand, size 13 Simms G3 boots are extremely tight on my feet in the winter time when I wear heavy socks inside the stocking feet--so tight that I loose circulation in my toes. Size 14 Simms fit fine winter and summer.

turner66

Reaction score
I wear size 8 1/2 or 9 shoes (depending on brand), but I had to go to size 10 on my Simms Rivershed's to get a nice fit with 3mm neoprene G3 stocking foots.

Frank Whiton

Most Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi seajay,

Wading boots are very hard to pick with our trying them on with the heaviest sock and waders you will use. You don't want a boot that is too tight or your feet will be cold. This is really true with some of the synthetic leather boats that don't stretch with use.

Frank

wonderfulremark

Reaction score
I wear size 9. And just bought Cloudveil 8x wading boots in size 9. Actually these boots are more like size 10.5...
I think they considered neoprene booties when they designed the boots.