'Fly Box Love' the Picture Thread...........

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
I saw this mentioned on the Reel Love thread by Gatortransplant (AJ) and so here we go.

I know exactly how it is, I know how you sit there and look at things whether you're at home or out on the water. One of the most interesting things I find regarding fly fishing is the bond that we form with our tackle. While rods and reels are pretty cool you & I both know that the heart of the matter is the 'Fly Box' that plays out the terminal roll. At the end of the leader is the 'Fly' and the fly is drawn from the 'Box'.

Go Ahead, take pictures of your Fly Box :D

The box is my King Salmon selection from 2011, picture not so clear but that's the way it goes sometimes...........

I have not replenished the king box since last year and will have to do so. The flies with all the glitter were a gift from another angler. I put them in because you never know what will trigger a salmon. The problem is that the stuff is buoyant and does not sink like a standard salmon fly.

This is my trout box, imagine that? I dreamed of trout on flies like this for many years. for the past 8 seasons I've been able to use wet flies for almost everything. You'll notice the darker colors rule in this slection.

The boxes are the slim alloy clips, thin and light so you can drop 2 in your jacket pockets and not really notice them until you need one.

Reaction score
My trout boxes are decimated, Steelhead, not so much. If i spent more time tying flies for myself than for others, i bet there would be many more boxes, or at least these ones would be full. Maybe after this round of swaps i take a break and fill my boxes up!
Not that i'm complaining, I do love a good fly swap or 15

Salmon and Steelhead - Small and Large flies

Tube Flies

This is my on the river trout box, flies from the other boxes go to this one.

Another storage trout fly box -Almost empty, containing of all things, some 'one material comets'

Dry Flies

Smaller dry fly box - also desimated

Big Ass Streamer box

My Classic Wet Flies - eagerly awaiting a new Wheatley Clip box

Last edited:

swirlchaser

Reaction score
I'm pretty happy with the "modular" system I came up with last year. Since then I've filled this one and a second:eek:. One case is for saltwater and one for fresh. I take the whole case with me in the truck and pick out the 2-3 boxes that come with me to the water. That's 24 boxes worth of flies, I think I could stop tying for a while, but I wont...:rolleyes:

tbblom

Reaction score

copper johns, PT's, princes...

Midge larvae, poison tungsten, mercury midge, some wd40ish stuff...

I'll have to take a few more photos.

fly fish utah

Reaction score

Caddis on the left pages/Stones on the right. Do you remember when you could get about 100 flies in a box. Man have they improved our fly fishing boxes I get about 400 flies in a box now.

stl_geoff

Reaction score
I'll get some pictures of my boxes up tomorrow. There is certainly ALOT happening in them. Honestly morre flies then I will need.

stl_geoff

Reaction score
I just realized it was only 9 when I posted my comment, man this has been a rough week, Here are fly boxes. Minus a few swap flies, 99% of them are all tied by me

Every day/normal use trout flies

Streamer box, just got a bugger barn and holy hell its massive haha

Day trip/warmwater creek assult box, still filling it in

Bass box

Whole bunch of jacked up old fulldress salmon flies

bigjim5589

Reaction score
A few more, some I tied, some purchased, some from past fly swaps!

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

More boxes! Primarily Buggers!