Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Wader Advice Needed!

1. Default Wader Advice Needed!

Hey all, with my old waders recently biting the dust, I was hoping to buy a new pair for around $100 (everyone starts laughing). I live in HOT Arizona, so want a pair that are breathable and fairly lightweight. I also need to stay in budget becasue I really dont have much to spend. I know, I know. "You get what you pay for..." "Inexpsensive and good quality are mutually exclusive when it comes to waders." etc.... Still, I see a couple of interesting prospects and I am a bargain hunter.

My question is, does anyoe know of such waders that would stay in budget and "fit the bill"? I am not opposed to buying used from someone reputable that won't sell me worthless leaky waders, if anyone has a good pair to sell me.

The point though, is really this. What is the best pair of waders for fishing envoronments that range from hot to cool? I can always add more insulation underneath, so I don't want neoprenes or insulated waders. I don't wade THAT much, so they dont have to last a lifetime.

Has anyone tried Caddis Deluxe Breathable waders? For around $100, they look god with attatched gravel guards and some interesting technology. Do they really work? How good is the quality?

I know I am asking a lot for $100: Breathable, farily lightweight, fairly durable. Still, there must be some wader out there that fits the bill.

Again, opinions and advice are welcome. I would apprecaite a pm if anybody has waders in GOOD CONDITION (no leaks) that they are willing to sell me or if anybody knows where such a pair can be found. I am 5'11" and weigh 160 lbs, so medium to medium long would be best, but depending on the brand large might also work.

Let me know and thanks in advance.

Default Re: Wader Advice Needed!

You should check out Sierra Trading Post. They have some great deals on entry-level breathable waders right now. Plus, they are always sending out 25% off coupons if you subscribe to their e-mail list.

Good luck!

You can't go wrong with the Cabela's or BPS' store brands. I am done with buying $300+ waders and stick to these. You can get breathable with built in gravel guards for a hundred bucks or less.

It doesn't matter the price, I have to replace my waders once a year so why spend the big money for the same result?
    Less likey, more green dots
    BrookFieldAngler.com

4. Default Re: Wader Advice Needed!

Thanks everyone. So no one out there has tried caddis breathables?

Blog Entries

I am not going to push big money waders but I have a point for you to consider. Are there cactus where you will be fishing? I used to live in Colorado and one creek in particular had a type of cacti that had spines about an inch long. I avoided them like the plague but one day had one stick right through the thigh of a 5 ply pair of 'Wicked Tough' waders. So no matter what you buy, remember those cactus buddy

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

6. Default Re: Wader Advice Needed!

I will mainly be tubing on lakes, there arent any spots near cacti that I will be walking too (I can just put on the waders at the shore and take em off). I also want to use them on tailwaters like The Ferry and The Juan.

Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

Quote Originally Posted by rider14x View Post
    You should check out Sierra Trading Post. They have some great deals on entry-level breathable waders right now. Plus, they are always sending out 25% off coupons if you subscribe to their e-mail list.

Good luck!
    Took the words right out of my mouth..... uh fingers? Keyboard? You know what I mean.

Look at Madison River Fly Company and see if they still have Simms in your size in the closeouts. They are a tad over your $100.00 mark but not by much and they are Simms. I got a pair from them.