Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
  1. Default Knee Pads for Waders

Hello:

My name is Jack, and new to the forum. I have seen images with people wearing knee pads over their waders. I think it is an obvious idea to protect wear and tear. However, I am wondering what I should look for in the pads: foam, rubber, velco, etc. What works best? Also, who makes them?

Glad to be here,

Jack K

2. Default Re: Knee Pads for Waders

Many waders actually have them built into them.

Try checking with your local fly shop. See what they
    may have & see what may best suit your needs.

I don't know about you, but it's not very often that I
    find myself on my knees in the river, unless it's rather
    hot out & I want to cool down.

Tie One On

3. Default Re: Knee Pads for Waders

Jack,

I've been wondering about the same thing. There is a chapter in "Fly Fishing Small Streams" called "Sneaking Around on Your Hands and Knees". I do quite a bit of kneeling on the smallest, shallowest creeks.

I have been wondering the same thing. One solution I may go with is getting a couple of cut-out pieces of canvas and attaching them with Zap-a-Gap to the knees. If I try this, I will experiment on my old waders first and test them before doing the same to my current waders.

Burns

Default Re: Knee Pads for Waders

I'd check lowes or home depot. I got some for a flooring project a while back that would work pretty well over waders. I'm sure Lowes had 8+ options. I'd make sure to get some that can just be strapped on, instead of having to slide them up.
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1276302_n.jpg

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.

5. Default Re: Knee Pads for Waders

Thanks for the help everyone!
    I find my self on my knees a lot in order to keep my profile low and not spook the fish. I just don't want to go through a pair of waders because the knees are shot!

6. Default Re: Knee Pads for Waders

Find some adult sized knee-pads in the bike/skateboard area at any store.