oakley glasses

grassonfly

Reaction score
I have the chance to get any pair of Oakley glasses for 50% off. I only want to spend around 85 bucks which translates into 170 bucks. Which pair should i get? also what lense color?

gatortransplant

Reaction score
Oakley polarization is pretty awesome, though they do have angling specific lenses as well. First and foremost, pick the style that fits your face best. If the frame doesn't fit your face, extra light/glare is going to get in and you're going to find yourself cupping your hands around the glasses more often than you want which is no bueno. Also, you may have to deal with poor airflow when wearing a buff if you don't get a pair that fits right, so you have to find a good balance of airflow and glare-cutting. Assuming that most your fishing is going to be in Florida and sight-fishing, you are likely going to want a mirrored lens to cut out the extra sunlight. Some of the polarized iridium style lenses are likely going to be your best bet. Copper and amber are both great all-around lenses but might not cut out enough of the light, since the levels you'll be dealing with on the flats are going to be on the higher end. I can't remember the specific lens models but the polarized mirrored/iridium types are probably going to be most beneficial for where you are fishing.

axle27

Reaction score
I use the Half Jacket XLJ's. This is my second pair and I love em.

sweetandsalt

Reaction score
Good looking and very light weight wrap around glasses but be aware they use polycarbonate lenses rather than real glass like FL base Costa del Mar or Smith (Action) Optics. Yes lighter, but there is more distortion and probability if scratching than with opticly superior but heavier glass.

lancer09

Reaction score
I like teh Gascan S pairs, Really probably my favorite pair of Oaks i've owned, but I have a fairly narrow face.

I like amber lenses for contrast.

grassonfly

Reaction score
the reason im not getting costas is that i get oakleys 50% off. I do like amber but for saltwater ive heard blue and green is better. Anyone know of this?

cptxkirk

Reaction score
I have 3 pairs of oakleys with a wide range of lenses. I have a pair of Gascans (Black Iridium Polarized), Batwolfs (Grey Iridium, Polarized), and a pair of Jawbones (Fire Iridium, Polarized). I love them, but I have yet to find the correct lenses for fishing. I know someone mentioned they have a color of lenses designed for fishing, however any oakley store I enter looking for them, the cust. service says they are unsure of a specific set. Anybody have a link/color of lenses that Oakley carries for fishing?

nickj

Reaction score
I have 3 pairs of oakleys with a wide range of lenses. I have a pair of Gascans (Black Iridium Polarized), Batwolfs (Grey Iridium, Polarized), and a pair of Jawbones (Fire Iridium, Polarized). I love them, but I have yet to find the correct lenses for fishing. I know someone mentioned they have a color of lenses designed for fishing, however any oakley store I enter looking for them, the cust. service says they are unsure of a specific set. Anybody have a link/color of lenses that Oakley carries for fishing?
I wear Flak Jackets for fishing. I've found that the basic polarized lens is perfect for fishing here in Colorado. I wear M-Frames for shooting, with any of a number of different lenses.

blazer75

Reaction score
I have half jacket xlj and they are great, however they can let in some light at the sides and below. I have had 5 different colors of polarized lenses over the years and my absolute favorite for bright conditions fishing is the VR28 Black iridium polarized. The base color is an amber/rose color and the black iridium cuts down on the brightness. The only time I wear anything different is dark cloudy/rainy weather.

shrek82

Reaction score
Leland Fly Shop carries Oakleys with the fishing specific lenses. The also have a review of them on their site.