Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pimped my ride

1. Default Re: Pimped my ride

Joni! Nice rig! I really like it!

This would not work for me, though... my Sheltie always fishes with me, so when on a lake or pond, have to use my canoe. This canoe weighs 66-pounds, and is a PIA for me to deal with by myself. With someone else along, it's not bad at all, but would really like something I could easily deal with myself that is dog-friendly...

Pike fishing with Bonnie...

(Gratuitous pic of the lake... Lovely!)

I would love an 'inflatable' option, but so far, everything I've looked at is not "dog friendly." Float tubes are something I've been interested in, but no way my Sheltie is going to sit in my lap the entire time! ha! And I've thought about inflatable canoes, but somehow those just don't appeal to me.

Any suggestions to something very lightweight and extremely portable (as in 'hike-in' locations)?

Thanks, in advance, for any thoughts.

2. Likes madjoni liked this post

Default Re: Pimped my ride

Hey Kim you might want to check out the Old Town Guide 119. Its a solo rig but I'm sure your pup will ride comfortably and its only 43lbs. Not a feather weight but not too bad either. I believe it'll carry up to around 500lbs.
    Oh I live to be the ruler of life not a slave

4. Default Re: Pimped my ride

Quote Originally Posted by kim ciara View Post
    Joni! Nice rig! I really like it!

This would not work for me, though... my Sheltie always fishes with me, so when on a lake or pond, have to use my canoe. This canoe weighs 66-pounds, and is a PIA for me to deal with by myself. With someone else along, it's not bad at all, but would really like something I could easily deal with myself that is dog-friendly...

Pike fishing with Bonnie...

(Gratuitous pic of the lake... Lovely!)

I would love an 'inflatable' option, but so far, everything I've looked at is not "dog friendly." Float tubes are something I've been interested in, but no way my Sheltie is going to sit in my lap the entire time! ha! And I've thought about inflatable canoes, but somehow those just don't appeal to me.

Any suggestions to something very lightweight and extremely portable (as in 'hike-in' locations)?

Thanks, in advance, for any thoughts.

I get the needing the room for your buddy.

5. Likes madjoni liked this post
  6. Default Re: Pimped my ride

Quote Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
    Hey Kim you might want to check out the Old Town Guide 119. Its a solo rig but I'm sure your pup will ride comfortably and its only 43lbs. Not a feather weight but not too bad either. I believe it'll carry up to around 500lbs.
    Hi wt bash!

I do have a nice little solo canoe that has a canvas hull. Weighs literally nothing! It does fit into my truck-camper, but jeez... I have to sleep in there, huh? I'm tired of 'dirty' things in there!

When I go fishing, things have to fit either inside my truck-camper, or I have to take a little flat-bed trailer. I'm trying to phase-out the trailer... I camp and travel light, anyway, and am trying to just be able to do it with the truck camper. Something inflatable that packs down to next-to-nothing would be ideal for me. And have looked for several years at different things (float tubes and such) only to find too many reasons why that wouldn't work for me.

One day I'll find that solution, eh?

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Joni View Post
    I get the needing the room for your buddy.

Joni! Is that a daschund? (did I spell that right? *smile*)

Do you have a better pic? It's hard to imagine where this spot is on your floater...

Cute doggie, by the way!

Awesome! I just picked up the Skykomish Sunrise from Dave and it is pretty pimp. I am gonna hit you up to pick your brain on the accessories as I need some of that stuff.

8. Default Re: Pimped my ride

We have several "inflatable" boats that have room for a buddy. That is Baxter.
    Here is the XX:

Here is the Renegade:

There is a lot of room back there, but I also use a deck at times:

And there is the X5

And all these boats fit in a suitcase:

9. Likes madjoni, darwin liked this post
  10. Default Re: Pimped my ride

Holy Molly Joni.. cool rig you got there. I love it!!
    I wish I can have one like that too but I can't.. not until I learn to swim. At my age, probably it's late to learn. LOL

May I add a suggestion. How about an iPad dock so that you can enjoy podcast just in case fish are slow. j/k
    Don't eat fish... eat more chik'n

11. Default Re: Pimped my ride

I have never needed to swim, knock on wood, but you could always wear the PFD :-)
    I have been taking my Smart Phone, but an iPad would be easier to see...LOL

Wow! That is an incredible setup!

13. Default Re: Pimped my ride

My wife's strict policy is that if dont swim, I cant have a kayak or any type of fishing boat. She is so concern that I would drown. I told her I would only go for less than 10 feet ponds or lake or maybe hug the water edges and no fast current. Oh yes, I already own a PFD, *hint" that I will be getting an inflatable. But the answer I always get is "no". And she said, what the hell do I need a PFD vest for just wading into a few feet of waters. what?!? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Joni View Post
    I have never needed to swim, knock on wood, but you could always wear the PFD :-)
    I have been taking my Smart Phone, but an iPad would be easier to see...LOL

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

I see that Baxter found his seat..
    And by its looks, this is his thoughts.. "that would be a great for dinner". LOL

Don't eat fish... eat more chik'n

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast