Simple tube float?

pete a

Reaction score
My old simple tube floats zipper gave up the ghost. I've tried the ones with all the pockets and back rest. Not a fan. I grew up with the old style canvas deep seaters.

Don't care for the boat shaped ones either. I'm fishing small ponds (tanks as we call them here in Texas) where distance is not an issue. Already have kayaks for distance, speed, luggage, etc.

Does anyone make a more 'spartan' model tube float?

Pete A.

mikel

Reaction score
If you want one of the old boats just watch craigslist. I see em all the time in the bay area for sale...

webrx

Reaction score
my first tube was a creek company u-boat that is lightweight and has a sling type seat and these can be bought for less than $100. Still use this tube when packing in because it deflates so small.

d

pete a

Reaction score
Yep, it is so hot that getting wet is part of the fun.

The newer product seem large, hard to place 2 in the back of a small coup like a Toyota matrix. If it goes on the trunk then up go the yaks instead.

Pete A.

webrx

Reaction score
craigslist or ebay. I just saw 4 float tubes on the reno craigs list, one for $40 bucks. I also saw one round creek company tube on ebay for $60 (buy it now). I suppose you can check local yard sales also, I see round ones all the time, though they are usually asking more than they are worth in my opinion. Like I said, the creek company "original" u-boat
folds up pretty small and are much nicer to use, I would check one of those out before buying a round one.

d