Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: A DIY Cliff Beast Fly box

I filled another up with bass flies.

If you spend time fishing from a boat, buy another piece of foam and glue it on the top. It's a great place to put flies you are using or for letting them dry after removing them.

2. Likes itchmesir, mcnerney liked this post

Also tried to place an order and the site went down just before I could finish. In case you hadn't noticed, they also offer a slightly smaller box (9.5x2.75x10 vs 12x3.25x10), which seems to be plenty big.

Site is back up ordered 2 boxes.. $12 and some change

step 1: buy boxes
    step 2: ???
    step 3: profit

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dakotakid View Post
    Also tried to place an order and the site went down just before I could finish. In case you hadn't noticed, they also offer a slightly smaller box (9.5x2.75x10 vs 12x3.25x10), which seems to be plenty big.
    almost ordered one of those too... but wanted to make sure they were big enough.. so just went with the one posted in the OP and by everyone else in this thread... though those smaller ones are only like $4/ea right now

Also ordered two. The extra one should work fine as a travel and storage case for my vise.

I have a made more of these now. I have also found the Michael's has the art bins usually for 40% off as well. A couple of carefully placed skinny water culture stickers and you wouldnt even know its from a craft store.
    "When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all."

Storm Drain Bonefisher

Quote Originally Posted by stl_geoff View Post
    I have a made more of these now. I have also found the Michael's has the art bins usually for 40% off as well. A couple of carefully placed skinny water culture stickers and you wouldnt even know its from a craft store.
    nah.. I'd rather let people see that you can save yourself roughly $50 by doing stuff by yourself instead of paying insane markup prices for an ugly mustard yellow craft box

Sign up for the Joann coupons, these boxes where $5.99 and free shipping last week. I would bet they make a similar offer before Christmas.

9. Likes itchmesir liked this post
    Blog Entries

this is definitely going on my winter project ideas list!!

casey

ARFE

Quote Originally Posted by darwin View Post
    Sign up for the Joann coupons, these boxes where $5.99 and free shipping last week. I would bet they make a similar offer before Christmas.
    that's what I paid for mine.. 2 boxes shipped for just 11.98 no sign up.. I always do a google search of "__insert website here___ coupon codes" and then click on retailmenot.com link when I go to sites I rarely.. if ever... have ordered from

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12