Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sun glasses, what's good?

Default Re: Sun glasses, what's good?

I would love to have a pair of Smiths, especially since I can get them in perscription, but Im hard on glasses and tend to break them alot.

I am using now a pair of XPS glasses from Bass Pro, supposidly they developed this pair with Smith. they have the photochromic lenses that adjust the tint based on UV exposure. I noticed a HUGE relief with eye strain once since i've been wearing them. plus you can wear them to after sunset since they will lighten up so much.
    "When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all."

Storm Drain Bonefisher

I use Ray Ban lol I am a fan of the Wayfarer style, I own probably to many pair haaha, but I have one set of polarized black that I use for fishing. I also just ordered a pair by Proof Eyewear, they make all their sunglasses out of different woods and seem like great quality and care go into making them. So cant wait to see what they are like.

Here is a link if anyone is interested in looking at them.

Products | Proof Eyewear

Send your prescription to Smith Optics. The best sunglasses I have ever worn period. Not cheap but worth it.

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Rather surprised I haven't seen anyone bring up the slip over your regular glasses 'Cocoons.' Forty'ish bucks, and do a very good job. The one thing they really got right was the wide ear pieces. Lots of side glare protection.
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Blog Entries

Maui's for me, HCL Bronze lens. The sport line is the least expensive and ideal for fishing because they are light weight. I just use "the force" before the sun rises high enough or in the evening as it sets. By that time I've likely been out all day, I have a good idea where the fish are and it's nearing time to quit anyway.
    ~*~Leave only your footprints~*~

Quote Originally Posted by tennessee dave View Post
    Send your prescription to Smith Optics. The best sunglasses I have ever worn period. Not cheap but worth it.
    prescription glasses aren't cheap to begin with.. if it's gonna be an extra hundo though.. definitely worth it.. how much did your Smith scripts cost?

I have an very challenging prescription and had to go with their top poly lens. Everything included was about $320. I could not be more pleased. Customer service is outstanding and delivery time was less than 1 week from order date. Give them a call and talk with them.

Quote Originally Posted by stuie675 View Post
    I use Ray Ban lol I am a fan of the Wayfarer style, I own probably to many pair haaha, but I have one set of polarized black that I use for fishing. I also just ordered a pair by Proof Eyewear, they make all their sunglasses out of different woods and seem like great quality and care go into making them. So cant wait to see what they are like.

Here is a link if anyone is interested in looking at them.

Products | Proof Eyewear
    I'm guessing you got them on theclymb. I'm thinking of getting a pair myself.

My go to glasses are Oakley Hollbrooks with polarized black lenses.

I like my Maui Jim Stingrays with glass lenses, amber lens.

Quote Originally Posted by quimby View Post
    I'm guessing you got them on theclymb. I'm thinking of getting a pair myself.

My go to glasses are Oakley Hollbrooks with polarized black lenses.
    No sadly I was to late but that is how I found out about them, they should be here in a few days hopefully.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast