Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
    White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Default Custom made waders, who knew?

Found this off another board, a link took me to another link and ZOLA!

Sometimes breathables are not quite enough, and Neo's are well over the top. Don't flog 'this is a good deal' sort of thing, but this caught my attention. $200.00 for custom cut boot foots.

Given the guys normal is making skin diving dry suits I can easily imagine these are a good bit of work.

Hell, the link didn't stick, right back. Here we go: https://usia.com/shop/waders/
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

2. Likes Guest1, mcnerney liked this post
    Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

Default Re: Custom made waders, who knew?

Maybe he can make a neck high boot foot. Expand my 'no fish is safe' range.

4. Likes mcnerney liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
    Maybe he can make a neck high boot foot. Expand my 'no fish is safe' range.
    DD, if you're as old as I am ... 3' in slow moving water with a wading staff is quite enough.

"The Stickman's" stuff out of the UK are one-ups. Given to understand that Tim (SpeyCo) is looking at building something similar. That would be a good call in my aged opin.
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

Quote Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
    DD, if you're as old as I am ... 3' in slow moving water with a wading staff is quite enough.
    How about I have them add a 'floaty collar'? I did add the wading staff this year. I was starting to scare myself. I now have a waterproof case for my camera and even with the staff, if isn't waterproof, it stays back on shore. Last year when we were fishing, Bill took a bit of a swim on a big round rock right in the middle of where we fish a lot, and he's a lot more stabile than I am. I felt bad about that one. He was headed down and I reached to catch him, but he seemed to recover, so I pulled back just in time for him to go again and this time right under. Oops. I made mention of I was going to catch him but he looked like he was going to make. He said yah I thought I was to. Then down he went. It was Fall and the air and water both were cold. He stayed and toughed it out. I get cold thinking about it.

Think I've got this right (there are several who make similar) SOSuspendrs. I'm not going to check my spelling, but these flotation collars just work.

Bit over a year ago and "Huskers" walked up behind me and stuck his head between my legs ... Game over! Auto float went Poof. Only down stream a couple dozen yards, but soaking wet from the belt up; off to home and a hot shower.

Loved that Puppy on a zillion different levels.

8. Likes Guest1 liked this post