Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Default Bass bug storage

If you are fishing from a kayak or wading you can't easily use a tackle box so what do most of you do if you are using bass bugs? I know some guys stick them in their hat but I was thinking of wearing a vest and using a fly box with containers large enough to hold a large bass fly without crunching it. Can't find anything.

Default Re: Bass bug storage

This is where people put them....

A DIY Cliff Beast Fly box

3. Likes mcnerney liked this post

Your basic plastic Plano lure box is 8.25" X4.25" and will fit in a vest pocket or you can stick one down the front of your waders
    I use the ones with 5 compartments. Cheap at W*lmart.
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements. --- Horace Kephart

Try getting that 3mm foam from a craft store and glue 2 pieces together...cut to your preferred size and the attach to the top of your kayak. Double sides sticky tape works well and can be removed when you take off the fly patch.

Quote Originally Posted by ghocevar View Post
    Try getting that 3mm foam from a craft store and glue 2 pieces together...cut to your preferred size and the attach to the top of your kayak. Double sides sticky tape works well and can be removed when you take off the fly patch.
    I like that idea !
    Kinda like this fly patch that I have on the dashboard of my truck, held on with a pair of Velcro dots

The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements. --- Horace Kephart

7. Likes itchmesir liked this post

On my budget I think I like the clear plastic boxes at Joann's Fabrics and glue some foam to the top and bottom. I had thought about this before but figured there wasn't any type of glue that would bond foam to a poly plastic type box. What glue do you use???

for other boxes I have used Gorilla glue.. only thing is you need to keep it pressed down with a book or other heavy object as the glue expands.. I also hear double sided tape works well..

Quote Originally Posted by ghocevar View Post

They have 6mm foam at Joane's

I used the spray adhesive that i used to glue the foam together with. One of scrap pieces I got and slotted and it hangs out on the console of my truck and it currently inhabited with a few flies.
    "When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all."

Storm Drain Bonefisher

12. Likes itchmesir liked this post

I need to remember this inside the car patch idea.. usually it's my driver side door or trunk just filled with flies I clipped off throughout the year..