Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wading boots

Default Re: wading boots

Guess it's off to the local shops I go. I try to stay away as much as possible because I will go in there for boots and come out with $100 worth of other stuff.

Thanks for all the great replys!

I should have put this link in here to start with. Keeping Your Feet Warm
    Okiemountaineer

Blog Entries

I use the Simms Rivertek boot, they're awesome and quite durable. I'd say they have around 100 miles on them at this point and I'm quite happy with them. My only regret is not buying them a size up for winter fishing. I bought them in my shoe size and so they fit perfect the rest of the year, but during the winter, that perfect fit means that I have no airspace to keep my toes warm!
    - A.J.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...

Quote Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
    ...I bought them in my shoe size and so they fit perfect the rest of the year, but during the winter, that perfect fit means that I have no airspace to keep my toes warm!
    That is an important point - I always look for enough airspace in my wading boots. It is important for the winter and in summer it is not such an disadvantage, because the water will cool your feet.
    If it is extremely hot in summer I just wear neoprene socks with the wading boots and long pants, which protect me against stinging nettles, which we have a lot here at my river.
    Best regards from Germany,

THORSTEN

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12