Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Knoxville Tn
    Posts
    369

    Default Re: Good fly tying scissors?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
    Tried most, and finally settled on my favorite, the Anvil Midge scissors, curved or straight. They were the easiest for me to hold while I tie.
    What I use most I also have a pair Miltex that I bought 35 yrs ago.

  2. #22

    Default Re: Good fly tying scissors?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackster View Post

    A friend gave me a pair of Kershaw scissors that are also very nice but know the best fix... Lock-Tite, peen the end os the screw?
    \

    Goodness. This makes no sense. I'm glad I happened to look back here and see this.
    What I typed (or thought I did anyhow) was:
    A friend gave me a pair of Kershaw scissors that are also very nice but the screw backs out with every snip, does anyone know the best fix... Lock-Tite, peen the end os the screw?

    Thanks

  3. Likes woodrivertroutbum liked this post
  4. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    296

    Default Re: Good fly tying scissors?

    I have a lot of scissors in a lot of brands; Dr. Slick's are good. I recently bought my first pair of tungsten carbide for about $30. Very nice, I like them a lot and use them all the time. For those who do a lot of tying, I don't think you'd be disappointed, they're worth it.

    Tom

  5. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Knoxville Tn
    Posts
    369

    Default Re: Good fly tying scissors?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackster View Post
    \

    Goodness. This makes no sense. I'm glad I happened to look back here and see this.
    What I typed (or thought I did anyhow) was:
    A friend gave me a pair of Kershaw scissors that are also very nice but the screw backs out with every snip, does anyone know the best fix... Lock-Tite, peen the end os the screw?

    Thanks
    Either but you may use some plumber tape or small piece of plastic bag. Proper tension between the blades helps in cutting.

  6. #25

    Default Re: Good fly tying scissors?

    Quote Originally Posted by billyspey View Post
    Either but you may use some plumber tape or small piece of plastic bag. Proper tension between the blades helps in cutting.
    Thanks Bill. I think I'll peen the end of the pivot screw to keep it from backing out but being the dunce that I am, I don't quite understand where to use the tape or piece of plastic bag.

  7. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Knoxville Tn
    Posts
    369

    Default Re: Good fly tying scissors?

    Remove the screw and wrap the thread of the screw reinsert the screw add tension the threads to keep tight

  8. #27

    Default Re: Good fly tying scissors?

    I'll throw in another vote for Dr. Slick. In particular, I am very fond of the Dr. Slick Microtip scissors. I like being able to cut very clean, especially when tying flies where every wrap counts.

  9. #28

    Default Re: Good fly tying scissors?

    Quote Originally Posted by billyspey View Post
    Remove the screw and wrap the thread of the screw reinsert the screw add tension the threads to keep tight
    Thanks Bill

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-15-2012, 01:21 PM
  2. Good scissors for trimming
    By s fontinalis in forum General Fly Tying Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-14-2011, 05:15 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-16-2008, 10:20 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-04-2008, 01:50 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-04-2008, 04:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •