Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Good fly tying scissors?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
    Tried most, and finally settled on my favorite, the Anvil Midge scissors, curved or straight. They were the easiest for me to hold while I tie.
    What I use most I also have a pair Miltex that I bought 35 yrs ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackster View Post

A friend gave me a pair of Kershaw scissors that are also very nice but know the best fix... Lock-Tite, peen the end os the screw?
    \

Goodness. This makes no sense. I'm glad I happened to look back here and see this.
    What I typed (or thought I did anyhow) was:
    A friend gave me a pair of Kershaw scissors that are also very nice but the screw backs out with every snip, does anyone know the best fix... Lock-Tite, peen the end os the screw?

Thanks

3. Likes woodrivertroutbum liked this post

I have a lot of scissors in a lot of brands; Dr. Slick's are good. I recently bought my first pair of tungsten carbide for about $30. Very nice, I like them a lot and use them all the time. For those who do a lot of tying, I don't think you'd be disappointed, they're worth it.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Jackster View Post
    \

Goodness. This makes no sense. I'm glad I happened to look back here and see this.
    What I typed (or thought I did anyhow) was:
    A friend gave me a pair of Kershaw scissors that are also very nice but the screw backs out with every snip, does anyone know the best fix... Lock-Tite, peen the end os the screw?

Thanks
    Either but you may use some plumber tape or small piece of plastic bag. Proper tension between the blades helps in cutting.

Quote Originally Posted by billyspey View Post
    Either but you may use some plumber tape or small piece of plastic bag. Proper tension between the blades helps in cutting.
    Thanks Bill. I think I'll peen the end of the pivot screw to keep it from backing out but being the dunce that I am, I don't quite understand where to use the tape or piece of plastic bag.

Remove the screw and wrap the thread of the screw reinsert the screw add tension the threads to keep tight

I'll throw in another vote for Dr. Slick. In particular, I am very fond of the Dr. Slick Microtip scissors. I like being able to cut very clean, especially when tying flies where every wrap counts.

Quote Originally Posted by billyspey View Post
    Remove the screw and wrap the thread of the screw reinsert the screw add tension the threads to keep tight
    Thanks Bill

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123