Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Wading Boot Sizing

I ran into the same problem this winter. Durring summer I was wet wading with the Simms neoprene sock and the size 12 Guide boot. It was a perfect fit. When it started cooling off this winter, I was left with no choise but to wear waders if I wanted to fish. The size 12 boot ended up being way too small for winter use, so I got a size 13 and they seem just right. I guess 2 pairs of boots it the way to go....

-Chase

Go with the BOA laces, they're awesome!

3. Likes fredaevans liked this post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cletus View Post
    I was just looking at Simms Website and I see they have a hoop to hook gravel guards on , that was one of my first thoughts was how do you hook to gravel guard on Boa's....looks like it will be Simms Rivertek's

PS I'm from Oregon so I know right were happy valley is......I like that happy valley, no really it's a place
    "The fish you're gonna find up here, you're gonna find; Rainbow,Cuttbow,CuttBrowns,Brownbows,RainBrowns,
    CuttyRainbrowns, Pike ,Perch"

"Snap it" Hank Patterson

Just looked at my Korkers to make sure where I hooked them. I hook them on the wires (to either side of the keepers).

I know it sounds incredibly soft/lazy, but not having to re-tie your boot laces during the day is great. Plus, with the Boa system, you can easily tighten or loosen the boots throughout the day.

What can I say, I'm a shell of the man I used to be!

Quote Originally Posted by cletus View Post
    Yes they are and if the system messes up Korkers is awesome at replacing it. My Korkers had an issue with the right one and they did a no questions asked and replaced both shoes.

the Boa laces have a dedicated loop just for attaching the gravel guard.
    I have a set of boots with the Boa laces on them.
    Pro's
    Easier to get on and adjust to different tightnesses depending upon amount of socks, tightness for walking etc..,
    Easier to get off, pop open the adjusting knob and give a tug and they open up nicely.
    Lifetime Guarantee (on my Simms boots) so no worries as far as the laces wearing out
    Con's
    I find the knob that looses the laces is hard to pop open after use. Especially with cold hands/fingers

I am a firm believer in the Boa laces, I will never buy another set of boots without them.

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Quote Originally Posted by comeonavs View Post
    I was just looking at Simms Website and I see they have a hoop to hook gravel guards on , that was one of my first thoughts was how do you hook to gravel guard on Boa's....looks like it will be Simms Rivertek's

PS I'm from Oregon so I know right were happy valley is......I like that happy valley, no really it's a place

Good question. Save for where you're walking around on a sand bottom, or heavy silt, it's a 'who cares?' Do pull mine (Dan B's) over the boot top but never had a grain inside the Korkers.
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Blog Entries

Just thought I would throw it out there. I am shocked as I usually don't try shoes on. I have been a 10 1/2 since 8th grade and I'm 40 now.

I went to buy the smaller pair for wet wading with the thin neoprene Simms gravel guard socks. My Simms guide boots that I wear with waders and fit great are a size 12

Simms Rivertek's BOA , I got a 10.... I am shocked

Moral of the story, try stuff on
    "The fish you're gonna find up here, you're gonna find; Rainbow,Cuttbow,CuttBrowns,Brownbows,RainBrowns,
    CuttyRainbrowns, Pike ,Perch"

"Snap it" Hank Patterson

10. Likes jaybo41 liked this post
    White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Repeating myself here, but never buy anything that's going on your feet without trying same on in the store. Street shoes? Yup, Wader boots with waders?

DOUBLE YUP!

Nothing will give you 'cold feet' faster than boots that are too tight.

fae
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

12. Likes jaybo41 liked this post
    Blog Entries

I'm amazed at the lack of consistency of sizes of virtually everything fly fishing and general clothing these days. The only consistently is inconsistency!

Buy a shirt one year in X size, buy it again and it's a different cut all together.
    ~*~Leave only your footprints~*~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast