Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Advice on Rod Case???

A couple of weeks ago, I think I left my case out on the river. I have combed the area and my house and came up empty. So now I am in the market for a new case for my rod. Before I had a cheap white river single rod case with out any storage. I am looking for a case that will hold two rods, some storage for tippets and leaders, and I need it to be durable. I am notoriously hard on my gear so durability is a huge bonus. So if anyone has suggestions let me know. Looking for quality.

I have a 4pc TFO 8wt 9' with a lamson konic 3.5

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Advice on Rod Case???

Check fly shop closeouts. I think they have a double rod and reel case for about $30. I can't tell if it has a pouch for tippet. My case from Cabelas does though.
    - William

3. Likes mcnerney liked this post

Redington makes some nice ones; I use the long one so I can break down to two piece and leave the rod strung up for travelling between pools. They have doubles as well.

Redington rod/reel case | eBay
    "I cast my hook into a single stream; but my pleasure is as if I owned a kingdom." - Chi K'ang (223-262)

Thanks for the help guys Ill be looking tomorrow at bps and cabelas. Now just to find a good solo boat for my river.

Quote Originally Posted by pkins44 View Post
    A couple of weeks ago, I think I left my case out on the river. I have combed the area and my house and came up empty. So now I am in the market for a new case for my rod. Before I had a cheap white river single rod case with out any storage. I am looking for a case that will hold two rods, some storage for tippets and leaders, and I need it to be durable. I am notoriously hard on my gear so durability is a huge bonus. So if anyone has suggestions let me know. Looking for quality.

I have a 4pc TFO 8wt 9' with a lamson konic 3.5

Thanks in advance!
    Hello Patrick, just picked up my new Zenith and eyed the rod cases in the rack. I bought the SIMMS double 4pc. and love it. Quality but you pay for it. Just a little long for my shorter rods (7'-6" and 7'-9" rods), but great for the 8'-6" and 9'-0" ones.

Cabelas makes the double case for 2 and 4 piece rods . Not bad for the money!
    "I was born to fish" Lee Wulff
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing then there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh
    " It ain't over till it's over." Yogi Berra
    "Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser

8. Likes fly_guy12955, 45fisher liked this post

I would check out the BW rod case it's durable has a nice strap and some storage that you may like.

BW Sports Fishing Gear: Fly Vest / All Weather Gear

If you check out the cases at Cabela's, look at their Bargin Cave for super deals.

You might want to look at the Orvis Safe Passage rod and reel case. It will hold multiple rods (you will need rod socks) and reels plus room for other accessories. My wife bought me one last year and I really like it. No more carrying a bunch of tubes.

Dave

If you are looking for highest quality and spare-no-expense check out the travel case by Filson. I do not own one, but do own Filson clothing and everything they make - in Seattle, WA - is truly exceptional quality with the best customer service one could hope for. I have a friend that is a carpenter, he decided to try a Filson jacket as he wore through Carhart's at a quick pace. He ended up wearing through a Filson in a year and they sent him a new one, no questions asked.

Granted, it's a $200 rod case!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast