Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Worst Fishing Car Ever

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfly View Post
    "stretching the rubber deal that held the backseat up and it broke and I actually punched myself in the jaw"

That'll teach you for bad mouthing an American icon! ;-)

Just kidding. I'd never own a Jeep.

I own and hate/love (more of the former now) a subaru baja. It is UGLY WEIRD but I couldn't justify getting a pickup or getting just a car so I got BOTH!

Ugh. It's held up well. But it's losing power and that short bed has gotten shorter and shorter as I've gotten more stuff and older.

Still can't justify getting a pickup. I work from home, don't drive much at all. So I'm thinking of picking up a small SUV of the German persuasion.
    Shotgunfly: It shows from your post that you are open minded and a global thinker. I had one of those jeeps. It would almost climb a wall if it wasn't for gravity! Still hated it. I have had 6 of the "German persuasion" as you call them and found that the last couple were expensive to fix and didn't care for the transmissions. I now have a couple of "Japanese persuasions" and one (CRV) is great for what I do and inexpensive to maintain. Just my opinion. I would like to have a pickup at times, but don't care for the current Honda truck.

Mine was an '86 Ford Tempo. Worst piece of garbage I ever bought. The back driver side tire broke off and lodged itself under the back bumper while I was driving. There were electrical issues and it chugged the petrol like a V8. I ended up leaving it on the side of the road with the keys in it and the plates came with me.
    John L.

"The finest gift you can give to any fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?" Lee Wulff

“Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger.” – Herbert Hoover

Quote Originally Posted by baseman1 View Post
    Mine was an '86 Ford Tempo. Worst piece of garbage I ever bought. The back driver side tire broke off and lodged itself under the back bumper while I was driving. There were electrical issues and it chugged the petrol like a V8. I ended up leaving it on the side of the road with the keys in it and the plates came with me.
    Whoa! A walk-away car. That's pretty bad.

Talk about a love/hate relationship...

Mine was fully loaded, white with a red leather interior. I was told several times when piloting that beast that Bob Dylan had the same car. Brilliant minds...
    It had a 427 with a hairy quad carb. It went. It got tired after a while no thanks to the abuse I put it under and got to be a challenge to drive with any pride. The huge bench seat in front did come in handy for close encounters of the romantic kind!

5. Likes Rip Tide liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123