Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  64
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishing Hat

Default Fishing Hat

I wear a ball cap..but wait!! I always have a buff under it! Buff covers bak of my head,neck,ears,and my whole front lower face from nose down. Sunglasses and bill of hat cover the rest! For one not that it matters but buffs look cool and can be out of the way very quick and easy. Protects you from the sun and from hooking your neck! And u can still wear your favorite ball cap!

Also send me a ball cap I will gladly wear it and rep your store! Haha I'm always looking for a cool fly fishing hat

2. Likes baseman1 liked this post

Default Fishing Hat

I have two trucker hats I wear in the heat on a shaded stream, or with a buff in the sun. But I also have two Tilley hats, one hemp one wool, that I love. The wool is for cold days above freezing, the hemp for warm/hot days. Below freezing, it's a Carhartt MIUSA toboggan/beanie/watch cap, purple for the steeze factor!

Cheers,
    --Rob
    Cheers,
    --Rob

Default Re: Fishing Hat

jsquires
    Pro Member
    jsquires has a spectacular aura aboutjsquires has a spectacular aura about

Default Fishing Hat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When clients sign up for one of my trips, I give them one of my hats. It's a baseball cap with a really cool logo (advertising) on it.

you could always send it to me?!

I'll be glad to send you guys hats; all you have to do is sign up for one of my trips.
    So let's analyze this. You sign up and get to go fishing for five species of fish on a beautiful river in Alaska, you get a free hat, and I get a client. Everybody is happy - win/win.
    "The whole purpose of an adventure is to gain some spiritual or emotional insight. When you compromise the process, you compromise the gain."
    Yvone Chouinard

My favorite outdoors hat when I'm fishing, mowing the lawn, trimming shrubs, or anything outside in the blazing Sun is the Lochsa River Hat from Orvis, getting ready to order my 3rd one.
    Straw Fishing Hat / Lochsa River Straw Hat -- Orvis

Quote Originally Posted by fysh View Post
    My favorite outdoors hat when I'm fishing, mowing the lawn, trimming shrubs, or anything outside in the blazing Sun is the Lochsa River Hat from Orvis, getting ready to order my 3rd one.
    Straw Fishing Hat / Lochsa River Straw Hat -- Orvis
    John, did you run over the other two with the mower? Just saying that because it's something I would do - like cutting the extension cord with the electric hedge trimmers - three times.
    I remember looking at that hat in the past. And I do love the Lochsa River.
    "The whole purpose of an adventure is to gain some spiritual or emotional insight. When you compromise the process, you compromise the gain."
    Yvone Chouinard

8. Likes fyshstykr liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by jsquires View Post
    John, did you run over the other two with the mower? Just saying that because it's something I would do - like cutting the extension cord with the electric hedge trimmers - three times.
    I remember looking at that hat in the past. And I do love the Lochsa River.

LOL!

No, flat wore one out over several years(probably still work just for work at home), the second one I had "walked away" never to be seen again, no idea where it went, just disappeared out of my garage. I was getting ready to order my third one but just saw that Orvis is out of stock with no plans to bring them back in. Now I'm looking for a new hat too.

For many years Akubra was my hat of choice and they would be again, if we had a full service dealer around here.

See: Akubra - Iconic Australian Hats - Authentic Quality

Good luck with your search for the perfect hat.

TT

Blog Entries

That Akubra is a great looking hat. Might have to order one.

Anyway, back to the question. I'm with you about how I look in hats, which is to say, not photogenic. However, I'm a bit of a hat junkie, as I'm always hoping to find the ONE that will look good on my melon. However, living here in AZ, you have to consider sun protection before looks when considering a fishing hat, and I have my favorites.

Stetson Expedition (looks a bit like the Akubra)
    Three or four boonie hats when it gets warm
    Tilleys Airflo

These all are wide brimmed, which keeps most of the sun off my face and my neck. None of them look good on my head. Although, if I wear a buf pulled up over my nose, I look kinda gangster-ish or Special Ops, which I hear the young girls dig.

Good luck.
    "Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn." ~Chuck Clark

Blog Entries

i will add that although i wear primarily ball caps, i apply the heavy stuff to any exposed part....tops of ears in particular
    no reason not to

casey

ARFE

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast