Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  64
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishing Hat

Default Re: Fishing Hat

Quote Originally Posted by caseywise View Post
    my wife and my father in law both wear tilley hats while fishing.
    they are really freakin nice, plus they look cool
    i might have to drop the coin and get one......
    i'd go this model

casey
    I'm looking at getting the camo version that's like this. Just ordered it tonight.
    Last edited by jcw355; 03-12-2013 at 07:50 PM.
    Okiemountaineer

I don't get sun burned, just darker and darker. I still slather on the juice though. One thing that I have started is wearing a Buff around my neck and ears to help keep the sun off. My usual hat/buff combo is also my pic above.

Randy
    “Fishing for me, as funny as it sounds, is sorta my brand of praying almost. I’m never closer to my spirituality than when I’m in the act of fishing.” - JT Van Zandt

Got my hat yesterday, looks like a quality hat. For the price it better be plus it has a good warranty. Got the camo version of the above pictured hat.
    Okiemountaineer

I wear a ball cap but may get a full brim hat. If I do it will be a tilley hat. My dad has a couple of them, one is a summer hat and he has a winterized version with ear flaps.
    John L.

"The finest gift you can give to any fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?" Lee Wulff

“Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger.” – Herbert Hoover

FlyShack has a great price on Lefty's Lid...
    Fly Fishing Flies - <font color=red>On Sale - Clearance</font><br>Simms Lefty's Lid
    Just bought mine. I like the stiff brim.

before that, a cheap one from Tractor Supply. (!)
    DPC Cotton Twill Bucket Hat - Tractor Supply Online Store
    Nice sun blocker, but NOT a fashion statement.

My main goal is to keep hooks out of my neck and ears.
    ## knocking on wood ##

I used a baseball cap mostly, however I too have to fight skin cancer so now I use a weather proof stingy brim and it does cover ears and neck. This year I am going to use sun block, hate it, but I know I have to.

Craig
    "Never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Blog Entries

i was recently cleaning out my closet and found my old ll bean boony style hat.
    if i remember right its not really ventilated at all, but i'll give it another shot
    looks like this

i love bean gear so i'm glad i found this.

casey

ARFE

8. Likes imxer liked this post
  9. Default Re: Fishing Hat

Almost as much as I love Baseball cap and cowboy hat, what kind of hat do you wear for fishing trips, or simply go with what's most comfortable
    Last edited by Ard; 11-17-2013 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Removed link: first post linking to sales......

Quote Originally Posted by klunker View Post
    Surprised no mentioned it already, Tilley hats, lots of styles, water resistant, great for fishing. I have one that looks like this.

http://www.tilley.com/The-T4MO-Organic-AIRFLO-Hat.aspx

I too would of passed on your baseball cap. I wear the tilley hat in summer to keep my ears from getting sunburned. Of course if you have long hair the sun might not get to you ears. If its real hot out I just dip my hat in the river and put it on my head, helps to cool things off.
    I second. I wear the same hat and love it.

Mike

11. Likes imxer liked this post

I'm a pale-assed redhead, so I need something that keeps the sun off better than a ball cap. When it's sunny or rainy I wear a Filson:

Shelter Cloth Packer Hat | Filson

I've grown to love this hat. Keeps the sun and rain off, and has acquired a nice beat-up look over the years.

When it's cold (e.g., salmon and steelhead fishing in the fall in Alaska and BC) I wear a Helly-Hansen polypro watch cap.

For my first saltwater flyfishing trip in Belize earlier this year, I wore a nylon ball cap with a buff, of course. Slathering sunscreen on all day just isn't an option in my opinion.

Scott

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast