Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  30
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sometimes I believe things are better done the old fashioned way...

Default Re: Sometimes I believe things are better done the old fashioned way...

Quote Originally Posted by brookfieldangler View Post
    I think it would take me as much time to learn how to use this gizmo as it would to learn a new knot...

Reminds me of a lot of people who work for me...they spend more time trying to figure out how to cut corners and fixing their mistakes then they do just doing it the right way from the start
    Agreed, been there and found it totally frustrating. Some people just don't understand that it's easier to do it right, then to do it wrong and have to do it again to correct their mistake. As for the knots, practice throughout the long winter and be ready for opening day.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken" - Oscar Wilde

Blog Entries

with due respect to progress...I believe the end of the world started with the industrial revolution.

3. Likes itchmesir liked this post
    Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

All I can say is wow. Somebody actually came up with something you need to buy, that makes tying a knot more difficult. Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by mikel View Post
    with due respect to progress...I believe the end of the world started with the industrial revolution.
    Well you can give it all up and then let us know how it goes for you. Maybe we can follow your example.

5. Likes troutnut4 liked this post

If the thing had Abel stamped to the side with a flashy fish motif some here would say its a necessity well worth a 300 dollar price tag. Ouch oh yeah I took it there.
    Oh I live to be the ruler of life not a slave

7. Likes williamhj, itchmesir liked this post

I love the Abel nippers. I would guess (not ever having used it, so I'm guilty of the same offense as those who have not used Abel nippers but somehow are extremely knowledgeable about their quality and usefulness) the knot-tying device is junk and not a lifetime tool. And since I can tie all my knots, I don't need it. Since I choose not to use my teeth to cut line and I appreciate fine-quality tools, I choose to use the Abel nippers. I'm very sorry that bothers so many folks on here, to the point where they can't let it go and just say to each their (not there) own.

Grammar:
    The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.
    "The whole purpose of an adventure is to gain some spiritual or emotional insight. When you compromise the process, you compromise the gain."
    Yvone Chouinard

Have ya evar noticet them thar Able folks is a tad touchy? Scuse me, I gots ta scratch sumpin.

10. Likes wt bash, troutnut4 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by jsquires View Post
    I'm very sorry that bothers so many folks on here, to the point where they can't let it go and just say to each their (not there) own.
    I'm also sorry that some here (not hear) can't take a joke.
    Oh I live to be the ruler of life not a slave

Quote Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
    Joke them if they can't take a ........ I think I may have.....nope, I was right.

13. Likes wt bash liked this post

$50 can buy you nippers... But I guess it can't buy a sense of humor...

15. Likes wt bash liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
    Sure, about seven times. After that, it becomes what I consider bating. But I'm sure you were already aware of that when you cast it out there. But I'm sure the joke will be just as funny on the fifteenth cast.

Commas make a difference:
    Let's eat, Grandpa.
    Let's eat Grandpa.
    "The whole purpose of an adventure is to gain some spiritual or emotional insight. When you compromise the process, you compromise the gain."
    Yvone Chouinard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast