Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
  1. Default Recommendations for a box to hold dries/nymphs and streamers

I like to carry a lot of varied flies but not a lot of overall gear.
    Is there any box recommended to hold enough streamers and nymphs and dries for a day on the water. I have the cliff super days worth but i don't love it for dry flies...

Default Re: Recommendations for a box to hold dries/nymphs and streamers

I haven't tried to find one box to carry it all, but carry a couple of boxes. I have one of Allens with compartments for dries,,foam for nymphs and wets and another box for streamers. Then sometimes I'll carry another box even in case I cut lose from the trout stream and decide to peruse small mouth. So, I mostly carry three ave to small size boxes to keep all separate and still have enough. Myself, I'd rather have more boxes than one big one.

I have a river bag that is totally different ,,with really good size boxes with ties for bass and even Stripers and maybe a few big Muskie ties. The trout bag stays home then.

I've found,,after a bit, if I covered EVERY situation, I probably would have to have a 'equipment bearer' lol So, I segregate and target and pack accordingly.

Everyone will find their own way,,so what works for me, might be not so right for another.

Good luck however you chose !

Michael
    I find my meal by finding my meal's meal.

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Pick a very small box, pick ten flies, a couple of each .. and be done with it.
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

I carry this box Allen box AB002 - Allen Fly Fishing Store

I carry a few dries, wets, and nymphs...3-4 of each, and it holds them fine.

I fish small streams, am out for most of a day and have yet to been in a situation where I didn't have enough flies.

Blog Entries

C&F boxes with a leaf gets the job done for me. I like the ones with the inserts. They are spendy but you can get one sheet for streamers and one for your nymphs. I made a mod to the leaf by adding a sheet of clear plastic to the back side of it to help catch loose flies. I think I'm going to cut some foam and glue it on the back so I have even more room for flies in one large box.
    ~*~Leave only your footprints~*~