Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
  1. Default Need a new fishing bag

Never liked vests so have used a bag for years. My Brady Ariel bag (which I bought new in the 80s) has given up the ghost. I would buy another Brady if it were made from modern materials.
    I'm looking for suggestions on a compact replacement with lots of compartments for all my fishing gear; fly boxes, leaders, tippet spools, water bottle, sandwich etc.

Default Re: Need a new fishing bag

Hi bwo,

It is kind of hard to make recommendations not knowing which Brady Ariel bag you have. Is this something like you are looking for? You would have to be fishing bamboo with a Hardy reel to use this bag.

Frank

Brady Ariel Large Trout Bag.

Default Re: Need a new fishing bag

it ain't a brady but william joseph has just come out with their Old School bag, surely keeping with WJ tradition, it has modern materials in its construction though i do not know how it is designed inside:

http://www.williamjoseph.net/

http://www.fishwest.net/Merchant2/me...=williamjoseph

i personally have the first gen. version of the fishpond blueriver:
    http://fishpondusa.com/blueriver.cfm

i didn't care for it in the end since it kept falling forward in my way when leaning down and worn as a satchel. i've since begun using a camel back day pack and a rarely used-before BW sports chect pack, kind of my own cheaper version of a fishpond modular shooting star... but that style ain't what yer lookin' fer.

eric
    fresno, ca.

4. Default Re: Need a new fishing bag

5. Default Re: Need a new fishing bag

Quote Originally Posted by Joni View Post
    Joni,

That sling is the best... It's one of those things that makes you wonder what took so long.
    "If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong." John Gierach

6. Default Re: Need a new fishing bag

The Brady is beautifully made but the material is a sandwich with rubber in between. This rubber stiffens over the years and becomes brittle. The whole bag degenerates after that. I have owned several. I love the design but as I said only if made with modern materials would I get another one.
    Thanks for the suggestions, I will check them out.

7. Default Re: Need a new fishing bag