Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Net recommendations

Default Re: Net recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by comeonavs View Post
    I have the measure net and it will fit a 24" fish in it. I bought the magnetic caribiner for it, which is cool

2 Flaws with the measure net

1) It is fabric so I snag so dang many flies in it when releasing fish

2) The measurements are accurate so puts stretching the truth out the window
    Youre saying you have just the plain fabric net, not the rubber coated one? I have a rubber basket net but have considered a measurenet.
    Okiemountaineer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jcw355 View Post
    Youre saying you have just the plain fabric net, not the rubber coated one? I have a rubber basket net but have considered a measurenet.
    Yeah it's just the plain off the shelf bass pro shop purchase of the measure net. I think the fabric has a little coating of plastic on it.

It's a great lightweight net, the caribiner helps keep it out of they way, but if I am fishing a double or triple set up and catch a fish I always snag one of the flies in the net on release. That being said it isn't worth upgrading to a $100 net right now so I will stick with this for my current fishing. If I go after lake run browns this fall again I will get a big one.
    "The fish you're gonna find up here, you're gonna find; Rainbow,Cuttbow,CuttBrowns,Brownbows,RainBrowns,
    CuttyRainbrowns, Pike ,Perch"

"Snap it" Hank Patterson

Going to go the route of the brodin streambase firehole net. As fall approaches I'll look for a bigger net for steelies.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Ryan
    Jack of all trades, Master of none.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by repperson29 View Post
    Going to go the route of the brodin streambase firehole net. As fall approaches I'll look for a bigger net for steelies.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Ryan
    Did you get the net , and have you got to use it.

I have a B-Day coming up and will probably have some funding coming my way for frivolous purchases. I already have overpriced nippers and hemostats so thinking round it out with a spend net.
    "The fish you're gonna find up here, you're gonna find; Rainbow,Cuttbow,CuttBrowns,Brownbows,RainBrowns,

"Snap it" Hank Patterson

I have a B-Day coming up and will probably have some funding coming my way for frivolous purchases. I already have overpriced nippers and hemostats so thinking round it out with a spend net.
    The rubber nets are worth the extra money, they really make things allot easier.
    Tim

6. Likes winstonwt liked this post

I did get the net, I just haven't been out to fish with it, were in the process of moving (and me fixing up the house) I haven't had any free time. Were hoping to be moved in this coming Saturday so perhaps a Father's Day trip is in order hopefully and I'll get to use the net.

I can say it looks very nice and is very lightweight!

Ryan
    Jack of all trades, Master of none.

8. Default Re: Net recommendations

I bought one of those Brodin's with the ghost bag, a teardrop shaped hoop that's 14 inches. I love the way hooks just bounce off it. The trout don't seem to like it, but they hate everything about fishing! CJ

Cabela's has a rubber net that would work nicely on rivers for $20 right now.

Cabela's Rubber Landing Net : Cabela's

Blog Entries

I was lucky and received a Brodin with Ghost net for Christmas a couple of years ago. I absolutely love the net. The rubber makes it a little heavier to travel with on a plane but much easier to deal with flies after unhooking a fish.

~*~Leave only your footprints~*~

11. Likes comeonavs, repperson29 liked this post
    Blog Entries

You guys are killing me

I fish where the majority of the fish require no net. However it is better to net them and release than me perform the iron claw on them as I dehook. So I only need a small net, but "what if" I catch a big one, "what if I go somewhere different", "do I need a small Brodin and a large Brodin" I have a measure net that snags midges so " do I tolerate that", do I buy a rubber bag for that, do I look cool,will the chicks dig it

The mental Olympics it requires me to rationalize such things is a encumbrance

That one you show there Jaybo is really screaming my name

"Snap it" Hank Patterson

13. Likes aphotodog liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast