best pair of socks ever!

caseywise

Reaction score
So we had a wonderful family christmas, all good, everyone happy.
We all had fine gifts and all was well cool, i got multple pairs of socks from an array of different peeps, which was more than enough.
Last gift of the morn, box of "orthopedic socks" from my wife.
I said "oh great, more socks" she says to
" try em on, theyre realy nice"
Opened the "sock box" and found these:)
perfect ruse- got these:cool:

Casey

ulflyfisherman

Reaction score
I lost my black Abel nippers. How did they end up in your socks? That dang Elf on a Shelf!

Congrats, I love mine, going on three years strong now...

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
I used zingers for a long time and during that period I believe I lost every zinger along with the nippers I had on them. I think I've had about every type clipper that was ever made for either fishing or clipping nails. Tried the .99 centers that were on the counter at fly shops, Pal nippers, Orvis ceramic and regular, Hardy, you name it. The best deal ever was a pair I bought and threw in my bag as backups for when I lost the next 'good pair'. That day eventually came sometime in the late 90's or 2000 and I opened the package that had came from a Rite Aid pharmacy. Included with the nippers was a nice woven cotton neck lanyard so I strung them up. Duh, why didn't I ever think of this? I wore those and used them all the years until 2013 when I received a pair of the Abel black nippers. As luck would have it the lanyard was black and I simply switched out the nippers and the Abel is just as safe as my Rite Aids were. They work well and I like that I don't have to pry up and rotate the little lever in order to cut with them.

I agree with many that nippers are nippers but the Abel's are nice nippers and because of the cost I think we tend to be a little more careful of what we do with them.

Lanyard all the way,

Ard

comeonavs

Reaction score
Love the black ones, I have red but like the black better

A lanyard is in order for sure, before dropping $25 on a Abel on might I sugges a pop in to office max or office depot. Sometimes they have those lanyards that we use for conventions and what not. Those are what I use since I have the great fortune to be at business conventions/seminars 10-12 times per year :mad:

Not to sound real stupid but before I used the lanyard I also used a long black shoelace as a makeshift lanyard. A nice snug overhand knot turned a shoelace in to a lanyard lickity split.

Great gift and even cooler that your wife was able to pull one over on you