Does this look familiar?

williamhj

Reaction score
Nice! Do look like there are some differences from the infamous Abels. A bit less expensive as well.

Reaction score
I was using my nippers on sunday and realsized one side was dull, so I need some new ones. How are the abel nippers? Are they worth the investment?

moucheur2003

Reaction score
Bean says theirs are "the longest-lasting, most-innovative nipper on the market." Buh-bye, Abel, thanks for the memories.

Rip Tide

Reaction score
Reminds me of the great stripping basket war of the late '90's except the upstart LLBean basket was half the price of the Orvi$ :eek:

You can sharpen dull nippers, any kind, even 29cent nail clippers....don't give up too easily

FISHN50

Reaction score
For the fisherman that has everything & is looking for a way to keep the economy going...I'd rather spend my money on a bottle of single malt.....

repperson29

Reaction score
For the fisherman that has everything & is looking for a way to keep the economy going...I'd rather spend my money on a bottle of single malt.....

I'd rather drink gasoline moonshine and use a pair of these bad boys.

What's cheaper in the long run, low end taste in alcohol or or "high end" taste in nippers :)

It is funny though, I bought my wife some gifts from ll bean for Xmas partly to get the 10$ coupon to buy some abel nippers from there but they were suddenly gone from the website. Guess I know why now.

Ryan

itchmesir

Reaction score
I'm not sure what Abel's warranty policy is... Always too busy b!+ching about how ridiculously expensive their gear is... But I know LL's is bullet proof... So I'd be inclined to possibly own a pair... Plus green is good

jaybo41

Reaction score
I'd rather drink gasoline moonshine and use a pair of these bad boys.

What's cheaper in the long run, low end taste in alcohol or or "high end" taste in nippers :)

It is funny though, I bought my wife some gifts from ll bean for Xmas partly to get the 10$ coupon to buy some abel nippers from there but they were suddenly gone from the website. Guess I know why now.

Ryan
I can't validate this because I haven't been to the store since they released these, but you may still be able to find some of the Abel Nippers in the retail stores. You could always call the store at Ross Park or somewhere closer to you if there is one.

I'm not sure what Abel's warranty policy is... Always too busy b!+ching about how ridiculously expensive their gear is... But I know LL's is bullet proof... So I'd be inclined to possibly own a pair... Plus green is good
Bean's Warranty is truly exceptional.

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Gotta agree that if you weren't happy Bean will respond. I have never tried to communicate with Abel so I don't know what their service is like. I have had a couple things which needed to go back to Bean and they were A+

A Nipper Shootout would be great! We could meet somewhere with a really cool history Like the headquarters of DuPont I think they were big in the development of monofilament fibers but could be wrong about that........... Anyway, we meet at the birthplace of Mono and everyone brings the nipper they swear by, then we

duker

Reaction score
Oh yeah. A nipper-off! If Yellowstone Angler can do their rod shootouts, we can do the same for nippers. But we'd have to include my buddy's incisors.

Maybe a nipper poll: "What kind of nippers do you use?"

Scott

comeonavs

Reaction score
I wish Nike would come out with Abel like nippers...I am all in

Maybe George Anderson will test all nippers in gymnasium snipping SA GPX that is attached to a Ross Evolution reel

Ah I love my Abel's just having little fun

Matt4.0

Reaction score
I wish Nike would come out with Abel like nippers...I am all in

QUOTE]

I like where your head's at! I can see it now ...."king 'bron nippers"! And they'll be making a new version for everyone to collect every just like the Jordan sneakers!

I almost made myself sick even joking about Nike entering the fly fishing industry.