Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best boat bag

Default Best boat bag

Anyone have recommendations for boat bags?
    Looking to get one for a raft, not sure what people are using.

Default Re: Best boat bag

30qt Cooler/DryBox

I have this one. It works great...not really a bag though.

3. Likes mcnerney liked this post

I was more looking along the lines of the Patagonia divider or the FIshpond boat bag.

5. Likes mcnerney liked this post

Hi 802flyfish,

What ever bag you select just make sure it has a hard plastic bottom of some kind. REI has the Patagonia Great Divider lll on sale. Don't know anything about the Divider but a really good price at REI.

Frank

7. Likes mcnerney, Ard, fredaevans liked this post
    Blog Entries

A few weeks back I bought the Orvis boat bag when it was on sale. I don't see it listed on their site any longer, but seem to remember the list price was $249 (way too pricey for me), but when they offered it on sale for $129 (or something close to that) I couldn't resist. I haven't had it out yet so I can't say how good it really is, but from just looking at it, it seems to be well made.....only time will tell.
    Larry

that patagonia bag is quite nice, especially on sale, but be sure it is big enough for your needs. It holds a few reels and a dozen fly boxes, etc., but not much clothing.

10. Likes mcnerney liked this post

I emailed Patagonia and asked them why they removed the boat bag from their website, haven't gotten back to me yet.. I like both bags so I'll probably get the cheaper one of the two. Looking for a place mostly to put my flies and maybe a phone or two.

12. Default Re: Best boat bag

I have the patagonia bag and it is great. I picked it up for $150 on steep and cheap but saw it somewhere else later for $125. I also saw the Orvis bag at $125. Worth every penny.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I'm late but will post anyway

Are we talking dry bags for gear on raft and boat trips? If so, I have three big ones and one medium size. The big red & black ones are Branded Lewis & Clark bags, they are stacked in the load in the bow below.

I paid 64.99 each for those 3 years ago and they have taken a beating. They came from a Costco subsidiary here so I would think Costco may have them. The load in that picture was 86 miles out the rivers and headed home in the rain when I snapped that.

They aren't fancy but they keep things safe & dry. I fit clothing for 2 weeks and spare waders and layers in just one bag. I also use them all winter to move things back & forth from the cabin that I don't want coated with snow and ice. So far they have not cracked in -30 weather or leaked during 80 mile trips at 30 mph in the rain.

I use the medium for my tackle bag. All my stuff stays dry and the price is good as well as quality.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

14. Likes feathers and fur liked this post

One thing I'd caution, if you haven't already pulled the trigger on one, is getting the right size bag. I've used the Orvis Gale Force for a couple of years now. Great boat bag, but it is fairly large and takes up a fair amount of room. If you look at their newest boat bag which just came out days ago, they seem to have adapted the smaller bag approach. My guess is for the reason of their older gale force was large. It's great that i can fit a ton of stuff in it, but i rarely need/use most of what I pack in it.

16. Likes fredaevans liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast